There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab

territory manager

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Territory Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, company car, laptop to help with work.

Cons

on call 24/7, weekend coverage where you cover everyones territory all weekend so you can have a few weekends off, depending on how many are in your district. you do have a company car but don't get enough money for gas. i spend on average 300.00 to 400.00 a month extra out of my pocket. you are responsible to cover other peoples territories plus yours if they are sick, on vacation, or help them with installing equipment. your job is to sell, but all you do is install equipment, fix equipment, and go home exhausted to just spend the rest of the night answering e-mails and doing reports. if this sounds good for $40,000.00 a year go for it. very stressful and good luck taking your vacation. idon't know anyone that even takes the amount of vacation they get. i rolled my two weeks over from 2012 to 2013 because i was behind budget and was told by management that i couldn't.

Advice to Management

quit putting all of the burden on the territory managers and route managers. too many e-mails, sales objectives, etc. it is hard to meet budget requirements with all of the extras put on our backs. just let us do our jobs and hire other people to do the rest.

reviews filtered by

Great people, poor planning

Former Employee - IT Service Desk Manager in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - IT Service Desk Manager in Eagan, MN

I worked at Ecolab full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture
    Wonderful IT team members
    Ethical company and CEO

Cons

Too HR heavy; HR is micromanaging too many things and sometimes act like bullys
    Lots of talk about work-life balance, but no real action in this area
    Implemented "flex work" program, but continue to deny many requests for job sharing and flexible work arrangements
    Lack of proper planning to execute projects
    Understaffed IT Service Desk
    Poorly executed Nalco merger
    Very political environment

Advice to Management

Start staffing the IT group appropriately, or you will continue to lose very talented, competent people. Outsourcing is not always the answer... It has already led to high turnover and loss of productivity across the company.

2. Not the best place for women to work

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Ecolab full-time

Pros

Company car, and credit card, autonomy

Cons

It's a very male driven corporate culture. Women in the field (institutional division) are treated like novelties. They tried to institute a more inclusive culture by hiring a consulting firm, but failed miserably in the process. The local management team was very clicky and petty.

There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab