There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab

territory manager

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Territory Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ecolab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good benefits, company car, laptop to help with work.

Cons

on call 24/7, weekend coverage where you cover everyones territory all weekend so you can have a few weekends off, depending on how many are in your district. you do have a company car but don't get enough money for gas. i spend on average 300.00 to 400.00 a month extra out of my pocket. you are responsible to cover other peoples territories plus yours if they are sick, on vacation, or help them with installing equipment. your job is to sell, but all you do is install equipment, fix equipment, and go home exhausted to just spend the rest of the night answering e-mails and doing reports. if this sounds good for $40,000.00 a year go for it. very stressful and good luck taking your vacation. idon't know anyone that even takes the amount of vacation they get. i rolled my two weeks over from 2012 to 2013 because i was behind budget and was told by management that i couldn't.

quit putting all of the burden on the territory managers and route managers. too many e-mails, sales objectives, etc. it is hard to meet budget requirements with all of the extras put on our backs. just let us do our jobs and hire other people to do the rest.

395 Other Employee Reviews for Ecolab (View Most Recent)

Positive, great company to work for and grow professionally..

Former Employee - Advanced Customer Service Representative  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Advanced Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Ecolab full-time for more than a year

Pros

Large market share of most industries, great benefits, welcomed the feedback of employees. Pleasant culture and excellent values.

Cons

Did not promote from within, poor utilization of technological resources.

Always keep striving to keep up with competitors in technological advancements and resources, uphold your word on hiring from within.

Not the best place for women to work

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Ecolab full-time

Pros

Company car, and credit card, autonomy

Cons

It's a very male driven corporate culture. Women in the field (institutional division) are treated like novelties. They tried to institute a more inclusive culture by hiring a consulting firm, but failed miserably in the process. The local management team was very clicky and petty.

There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab

Worked for Ecolab? Contribute to the Community!