Ecolab
www.ecolab.com Saint Paul, MN 5000+ Employees

territory manager

Territory Manager (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN

Prosgood benefits, company car, laptop to help with work.

Conson call 24/7, weekend coverage where you cover everyones territory all weekend so you can have a few weekends off, depending on how many are in your district. you do have a company car but don't get enough money for gas. i spend on average 300.00 to 400.00 a month extra out of my pocket. you are responsible to cover other peoples territories plus yours if they are sick, on vacation, or help them with installing equipment. your job is to sell, but all you do is install equipment, fix equipment, and go home exhausted to just spend the rest of the night answering e-mails and doing reports. if this sounds good for $40,000.00 a year go for it. very stressful and good luck taking your vacation. idon't know anyone that even takes the amount of vacation they get. i rolled my two weeks over from 2012 to 2013 because i was behind budget and was told by management that i couldn't.

Advice to Senior Managementquit putting all of the burden on the territory managers and route managers. too many e-mails, sales objectives, etc. it is hard to meet budget requirements with all of the extras put on our backs. just let us do our jobs and hire other people to do the rest.

Positive, great company to work for and grow professionally..

Advanced Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

I worked at Ecolab full-time for more than a year

Pros: Large market share of most industries, great benefits, welcomed the… Cons: Did not promote from within, poor utilization of technological resources. Advice to Senior Management: Always keep striving to keep up with competitors in technological… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company to Sell for!

Territory Manager (Current Employee)
    Folsom, CA

I have been working at Ecolab full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great Benefits, Company Car, World Class products, Training, Long-term careers… Cons: Weekends "On-Call", More focus on daily actions & 'Micro-Mgmt' in… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the Field before handing down edicts from 'On… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ecolab.

Worked for Ecolab? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ecolab reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ecolab CEO Doug Baker Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Ecolab employees.