There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab

Drink the Kool aid ,former service manager, Rochester NY

Former Employee - Route Manager
Former Employee - Route Manager

I worked at Ecolab full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Service van, tools gas,boot allowance, uniform,company controlled pension, medical is ok but not great

Cons

Was great for 15yrs.then new management took over,The upper managers dont know your name or care about you or your life, Ecolab layed us all off, and the Sales people have to wire and plumb the dish machines, many who dont know what a screwdriver is. If you ,are a female watch out, Its the good old boys,Many long hours, not much recognition if your not a sales person,but sales people work 80 hours a week, can only move up if you Drink the Kool AID, one boss couldnt read and has been moved up all threw his career, no more service man positon, just sales/route position,hard to sell to mom and pop, at high prices but if you can they love you, All for Ecolab, Ecolab for ALL.

Hire more WOMEN and there are not to many AFRICAN AMERICAN sales people working for you, The share holders are HAPPY but THE TMs who are THE BACKBONE of Ecolab are not.

410 Other Employee Reviews for Ecolab (View Most Recent)

Pokes at your soul and drains any happiness from your life.

Current Employee - Route Sales Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Route Sales Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company car, computer, not on a clock

Cons

You work for free 75% of the time. They tell you you are a sales person and pay you a straight commision, but you will spend 12 hours a day fixing dishmachines, plumbing, doing electric, etc.... All for free. If you are married get a lawyer because you will be divorced. If you move up it only gets worse! Benefits get worse every year. On call 24 hours a day Monday through Friday then one weekend a month as well. Managers use scare tactics and threats to get you out selling. The more you give the more they want. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!!

Stop trying to reinvent the wheel and focus on making things better for the field people. Happy employees WILL SELL MORE!!!!!

When your bosses nickname is captain useless you no things can t be good

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company car until it gets old and they won't fix it.

Cons

You are the only person accountable in the company, from shipping to billing you are the one left holding the bag don't expect any help.

Area manager at our meeting last mont and we brought up a code of conduct violation and we were. Told that today was a new day and we don't need to talk about it anymore why do we have rules then.

There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab