Marketing Manager

Pros

Good company, growing, expanding, a lot of opportunities They let you work independently

Cons

"Minnesota Nice" culture Lack of diversity Networking is more important that job performance

Other Employee Reviews for Ecolab

Service Technician's Performance Expectation Dictated by Bean Counters

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nash, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nash, TN

I worked at Ecolab full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits (401k, medical/dental), company vehicle (for my job as a field service tech), autonomy, good pay.

Cons

I'm bias in that Ecolab had "acquired" our formerly successful service company (restaurant equipment repair). M-A-N-Y changes later and much business lost as a result. "Service" techs (the backbone of our business) forced to become "sales" techs - with management (ignorant of the trade) "brought" IN after prior managers (promoted from WITHIN) - got out. New management disparaged our purpose and value to the company - and even let go the ones who didn't meet their "proposed" (arbitrary) sales figures. After thirteen years there, I smartened up and got out myself.

Advice to Management

Look back fifteen years to what once was. That was success and double digit growth (before Ecolab acquired it). The management structure was solid and well-founded >versus< the clueless salesmen you've employed and redefined as your multi-state area managers and the even more clueless regional managers above them. Culture & values sure look good on paper, but not practiced in the day-to-day hierarchy of the personnel in management.

Decent place to work.

Current Employee - Infrastructure Analyst in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Analyst in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, great people to work with.

Cons

Project deadlines are unrealistic. The process of back filling crucial roles takes way too long.

Advice to Management

Learn to say 'no'