Ecolab
www.ecolab.com Saint Paul, MN 5000+ Employees

They offer a lot and they ask a lot

Route Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ecolab full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEthical company, good products, huge market dominance, great benefits. Its a nice feeling to be one of the "good guys" as customers generally like us and depend on us.

ConsLike most sales jobs your reward for getting over the bar is they raise the bar. Ecolab has a tendency to declare that this month we will focus on this. But also that. And these three things. And those two things. And also that. Focus... I do not think this word means what you think it means. This is not to say there unfair as they really try to be decent. But the job gets harder and harder pretty much forever as far as you can see.

And unlike most sales jobs this is also a service job. The price you pay for a big healthy territory with the number one chemical and dishwashing company is you have to maintain all of that stuff. So you better have some mechanical aptitude. And a strong back. Because your going to be changing heavy motors and dealing with chemicals. And something like 1 out of every 4 or 6 weekends you will be oncall.

The last complaint is there arent really vacations. Oh you can take a week off. But youll just have to work a bunch of extra hours the other three weeks of the month because the same amount of work will be due at the end of the month.

Overall rewarding position with a corporate company.

Route Manager (Current Employee)
Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Ecolab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Competitive company who owns large percentage of market share. Company vehicle,… Cons: Unrealistic expectations at times. Most positions require person to be on… Advice to Senior Management: Rewards those who show talent and have an education. Budgets… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Financial Analyst Intern

Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee)
Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Ecolab as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great Culture Growing Company Lots of Development Opportunities Work/Life Balance Cons: Old Information Technology Systems Growing Pains Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Ecolab.

Worked for Ecolab? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ecolab reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ecolab CEO Doug Baker Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Ecolab employees.