Ecolab

www.ecolab.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab

This is a fast position that is great for people who can multi talk well

Current Employee - HTM in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - HTM in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Ecolab full-time

Pros

Working from home and the pay is well

Cons

Training is not the greatest, there are alot of things that you have to figure out on your on

447 Other Employee Reviews for Ecolab (View Most Recent)

They offer a lot and they ask a lot

Current Employee - Route Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Route Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ethical company, good products, huge market dominance, great benefits. Its a nice feeling to be one of the "good guys" as customers generally like us and depend on us.

Cons

Like most sales jobs your reward for getting over the bar is they raise the bar. Ecolab has a tendency to declare that this month we will focus on this. But also that. And these three things. And those two things. And also that. Focus... I do not think this word means what you think it means. This is not to say there unfair as they really try to be decent. But the job gets harder and harder pretty much forever as far as you can see.

And unlike most sales jobs this is also a service job. The price you pay for a big healthy territory with the number one chemical and dishwashing company is you have to maintain all of that stuff. So you better have some mechanical aptitude. And a strong back. Because your going to be changing heavy motors and dealing with chemicals. And something like 1 out of every 4 or 6 weekends you will be oncall.

The last complaint is there arent really vacations. Oh you can take a week off. But youll just have to work a bunch of extra hours the other three weeks of the month because the same amount of work will be due at the end of the month.

Great Internship

Current Employee - Food and Beverage
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage

I have been working at Ecolab as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Hands on experience in many different food processing plants. I learned about about sanitation.

Cons

The job is very sales driven. Late nights and early mornings with lots of travel.

There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab