Ecolab

www.ecolab.com
  www.ecolab.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab

If you don't like to go home ever, it's perfect for you.

I have been working at Ecolab

Pros

Good benefits, good team members

Cons

Always on call. Long hours. Management only cares about themselves

437 Other Employee Reviews for Ecolab (View Most Recent)

Don't expect a promotion in the GCS division.(ecolab equipment care)

Former Employee - GCS Service Tech In the Equipment Care Division in San Diego, CA

I worked at Ecolab full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and pay. The other techs are great guys. Technical assistants in Texas are great guys too.

Cons

Constant changing of procedure. They care more about sales than customer service. Mangers are out of touch with the technicians. We are treated like the lowest common denominator when we are in fact the primary source of revenue. Spent 15 years and worked in three different states for them and only saw one technician promoted and he was later fired. They would rather bring in pizza parlor managers and pay them low wages to be area managers and keep the techs in the field selling. You have to sell $20000 a month or you get written up. Creates a environment where techs are focused on sales instead of providing service for the customer. Too many employees who do redundant jobs in corporate and bring in no money for the company.

Utilize the long term employees to grow the divisions. Fire the old school regional managers who's parents got them in the company many years ago. They just kill morale. I had one say at a meeting to the whole crew "Ecolab is like the mob. We don't care about your problems just get out there and bring in the money". Or my favorite "communication is me talking and you listening". That was such a motivation. Too find another job that is. I feel like I wasted 15 years of my life.

Great experience building relationships with customers

Former Employee - Territory Manager in City Industry, CA
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in City Industry, CA

I worked at Ecolab full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great time management training and great teammates

Cons

Long hours and rude customers sometimes

Engage in the field more

There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab