There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab

8 people found this helpful  

Leadership needs to get back to reality. We are losing the culture that made us who we are.

  • Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
Current Employee - Territory Representative in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Territory Representative in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has been a fair company to work for, and for the most part has treated the associates fair. Decent pay and benefit package. Numerous advancement opportunities to advance, if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

Over the years, the company has been "squeezing" our associates to deliver more with less resources. This has caught up with many of our divisions. We promise the customers this great support program, but in reality we deliver this only to 10% of our customers. The other 90% get less support and service because of the unrealistic goals that we have reach. In order to reach these goals we must decide what corners to cut, in order to save time. It is not fair to our customers to get promised a superior program, but get a sub par program delivered.

Advice to ManagementAdvice

Please listen to your associates as we know what we are talking about. We are the feet on the street, and the face of Ecolab to our customers. If we invest in more field people, we will have the time and skills to deliver the results. If you keep squeezing us, we are forced to cheat the customer. It is not right.

Recommends
Negative Outlook
Approves of CEO

411 Other Employee Reviews for Ecolab (View Most Recent)

Sort: Rating Date
  1. 6 people found this helpful  

    Overall good

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Route Sales Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Route Sales Manager in Austin, TX

    I have been working at Ecolab full-time (more than 3 years)

    Pros

    The fact that they pay for everything: from providing a vehicle, corporate credit card, gas card, cell phone bill, mobile hot spot, tools, training, clothing, shoes, and excellent meals when traveling.

    Cons

    Work-life balance can be very difficult at times because of being on-call 24hrs M-F and some weekends. Upsetting a customer will get to upper management very quickly.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Being on-call 24hrs M-F sucks!!

    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO
  2. 2 people found this helpful  

    Culture of Fear

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Route Sales Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Route Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

    I have been working at Ecolab full-time (more than 8 years)

    Pros

    Free company vehicle (logo'd) and tools provided to you. Make your own schedule but often told you are not doing enough. Can make extra money when you cover routes that people left (because they quit).

    Cons

    Benefits have declined. All benefit coverages have increased in cost per month and decreased total coverage. Overwork people on the weekends and nights. A lot of issues with people being disengaged and just trying to get by. In our area, many people have been on performance plans and threatened to get fired. Many times they can't fire anyone because there are already open areas from those who just quit. People live in fear of getting fired but then when everyone is threatened with it, they understand the threat is not real.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Find a way to engage people and have a resource for employees to go to that have been bullied by managers. Also, a fair way for promotions without choosing people who they like. Promotions should be performance based. Multiple people should get the opportunity to interview instead of someone just being "picked".

    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook
    Approves of CEO
There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab

Work at Ecolab? Share Your Experiences

Ecolab

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.