There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab

I enjoy working here

Current Employee - Engineer
Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Ecolab

Pros

Work/life balance (for non-field personnel)
Flexible hours
Allowances to new parents/options for new parents (flex time etc.)

Cons

If you are a field person (sales, operations, etc.) - Ecolab can be a challenging place to work for. I think our field and sales folks are overworked most of the time and are exhausted by the demands. They must fulfill quotas (customer visits, etc.) and yet still meet the customer's "demands" as well.

Look at your field folks. The high turnover rate is hurting the whole company.

416 Other Employee Reviews for Ecolab (View Most Recent)

Poor service, worst company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Service Technician in Christchurch (New Zealand)
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Christchurch (New Zealand)

I have been working at Ecolab

Pros

Great benefits, generous Superannuation policy, company vehicle and fuel card, fantastic co-workers, that is, the ones that you can trust once you get past the climate of fear and suspicion

Cons

Corporate arrogance flowing down from those above you that think that they know best and what the hell would you know anyway. The management team have no idea how to really listen to their workers, have a sales focus that does not seem to understand the value of their staff and customers, this company is run by bean counters that have lost touch with the real world and what customer service is. The great benefits will not be there forever, if the management style does not change, they won't have any customers soon.

Listen to your staff, Listen to your staff, Listen to your staff, Listen to your staff, Listen to your staff, encourage honest and open dialogue. Stop being so arrogant and show some humility.

Bad Choices with SAP compounded by down turn in economy = poor stock price

Current Employee - Parts
    Current Employee - Parts

I have been working at Ecolab

Pros

Excellent benefits. I worked for a Manager who actually cared about his people. Most of the folks sitting next to you will help you out when ever you need it. They don't have formal training - but your peers do a good job teaching you.

Cons

My manager wasnt the most knoweldgable about SAP. He listened too much to Marketing (who still knows nothing) They started using a screwed up way for charging for freight upsetting customers. Bad Website. Selling parts is easy - Ya gotta make it easy.

Listen to your people. Without going to the bottom line folks, how do you know what is going on with the customers on the other end of the phones?

There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab