I enjoy working here

Current Employee - Engineer
Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Ecolab

Pros

Work/life balance (for non-field personnel)
Flexible hours
Allowances to new parents/options for new parents (flex time etc.)

Cons

If you are a field person (sales, operations, etc.) - Ecolab can be a challenging place to work for. I think our field and sales folks are overworked most of the time and are exhausted by the demands. They must fulfill quotas (customer visits, etc.) and yet still meet the customer's "demands" as well.

Advice to Management

Look at your field folks. The high turnover rate is hurting the whole company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Poor service, worst company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Service Technician in Christchurch (New Zealand)
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Christchurch (New Zealand)

I have been working at Ecolab

Pros

Great benefits, generous Superannuation policy, company vehicle and fuel card, fantastic co-workers, that is, the ones that you can trust once you get past the climate of fear and suspicion

Cons

Corporate arrogance flowing down from those above you that think that they know best and what the hell would you know anyway. The management team have no idea how to really listen to their workers, have a sales focus that does not seem to understand the value of their staff and customers, this company is run by bean counters that have lost touch with the real world and what customer service is. The great benefits will not be there forever, if the management style does not change, they won't have any customers soon.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff, Listen to your staff, Listen to your staff, Listen to your staff, Listen to your staff, encourage honest and open dialogue. Stop being so arrogant and show some humility.

What happened to the small swift ships?

I worked at Ecolab

Pros

State of the art engineering capabilities
    World class facilities around the world
    Ecolab offers all of the essential resources and staffing to provide a worldclass opportunity.

Cons

Too Political at every level. Witchhunts are the norm. It is easier to pass blame than to establish the cause of an issue and evaluate a resolution.
    Woman at high positions are figureheads-Purely Male driven company

Advice to Management

Develop a long term vision of growth that wall street will respect and support; One that does not solely rely on delivering double digit growth every quarter. Building O/I at holding salariesof the base employees low while delivering on the number to collect large bonusesfor upper management is not good for moral.