Ecolab

I enjoy working here

Current Employee - Engineer
Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Ecolab

Pros

Work/life balance (for non-field personnel)
Flexible hours
Allowances to new parents/options for new parents (flex time etc.)

Cons

If you are a field person (sales, operations, etc.) - Ecolab can be a challenging place to work for. I think our field and sales folks are overworked most of the time and are exhausted by the demands. They must fulfill quotas (customer visits, etc.) and yet still meet the customer's "demands" as well.

Look at your field folks. The high turnover rate is hurting the whole company.

437 Other Employee Reviews for Ecolab (View Most Recent)

Poor service, worst company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Service Technician in Christchurch (New Zealand)
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Christchurch (New Zealand)

I have been working at Ecolab

Pros

Great benefits, generous Superannuation policy, company vehicle and fuel card, fantastic co-workers, that is, the ones that you can trust once you get past the climate of fear and suspicion

Cons

Corporate arrogance flowing down from those above you that think that they know best and what the hell would you know anyway. The management team have no idea how to really listen to their workers, have a sales focus that does not seem to understand the value of their staff and customers, this company is run by bean counters that have lost touch with the real world and what customer service is. The great benefits will not be there forever, if the management style does not change, they won't have any customers soon.

Listen to your staff, Listen to your staff, Listen to your staff, Listen to your staff, Listen to your staff, encourage honest and open dialogue. Stop being so arrogant and show some humility.

less structure and hard to move across divisions

I have been working at Ecolab

Pros

median size company so many opportunities to grow doemstically and more internationally. self automay in each division thus can make much quick impact in smaller divisions if you are talented.

Cons

while somehow defined and doctrine career path. very ssilo and hard to move around.

rules are not visible and no clear define criteria for promotion even perform well. it seems a2 years time game.

compensate top talent with top package not market average and promote based on performance and merit not time.encourage talent to move around as it is benefit to the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab