Ecolab
www.ecolab.com Saint Paul, MN 5000+ Employees

Solid Company

I have been working at Ecolab

ProsEcolab is a growth company with a long history of solid stock performance. There is a good management team in place and there is opportunity to grow if you perform well. Ecolab is also a global company and international is the fastest growing area of the company.

ConsThe training program is improving but in large part one's success in the past has been dependent upon on the job training and those who excelled moved up in the organization. There have been great strides in this area recently but there is still room for improvement. Anybody looking to join the company should negotiate a high salary coming in as annual salary increases do occur but I feel that certain positions in the company aren't as well compensated as they should be in comparison to the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on training, competitive compensation

Ecolab is .. err ok, at best!

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Ecolab

Pros: It is a safe company to work for. They dont take risks and do… Cons: The culture is so 1970's! They rely on a couple of hot shots to deliver without concentrating on the rest of the team. The company… Advice to Senior Management: Make the business model a little simpler. Stop hiring fresh MBAs as managers, you are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Ecolab is a strong company built on some old-fashioned principles.

Financial Services Manager (Former Employee)
Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Ecolab

Pros: The company is strong and has sustained continual growth and expansion. … Cons: Many managers still do not provide regular or positive feedback. Numerous changes in staff in the HR department causes many eyebrows to raise on… Advice to Senior Management: Make Ecolab a more fun place to work. Shake up the "old boys… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ecolab.

Worked for Ecolab? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ecolab reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ecolab CEO Doug Baker Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Ecolab employees.