There are newer employer reviews for Edaptive Computing

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Current Developer in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Current Developer in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Edaptive Computing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Best part about my job here is the interesting work I get to do. Diversity of experience gained as a result has been wonderful. Company has been growing over the last couple of years and that has led to a lot of new opportunities. I like the ability to choose my own investments under Fidelity SIMPLE IRA. I like the couple of floating holidays available to me every year. Company has recently acquired new space to accommodate its growth. I like more personal space and privacy that has come with new partitions that have been added. I love my quad core desktop. I like the free food and drinks.

Cons

I would like to see more incentives for job related certifications and training.

Please continue your conversation with the employees. I appreciate the fact that you listen and act on our advice. Please continue to improve processes and procedures. That will be even more important as you grow further.

reviews filtered by

This is one of the best places to work

Current Employee - Software Developer II in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Software Developer II in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Edaptive Computing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Over the years I have work at dead end crap jobs that offer nothing in return to their employee except a paycheck. At my previous Job you were just a temp body filling a spot for years on end. They would occupationally offer up the possibility of hiring you on as a full worker but even then there was no raises. The only thing being a permanent employ got you was the option to spend part of you check on health insurance and you could forget about retirement. With Edaptive there is no "will hire you as a temp and see how it goes after a few years". You are hired in as a full employee with health insurance and a matching simple IRA with no vesting period. In the current job market this is a diminishing idea.

In my experience management has always been willing to listen and work with any employee to solve any issues they may have.

Cons

Rapid growth has created office space issues. It seams like we are having to expand the office space every few months

as it was said earlier we need to continue to work though the growning pains that are the result of the great success we are having. Edaptive will need to continue to be adaptive.

A nice, relaxed place to work

Current Employee - Software Developer II in Centerville, OH
    Current Employee - Software Developer II in Centerville, OH

I have been working at Edaptive Computing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of interesting government projects. If there isn't one there that interests you, every quarter is open season on SBIR projects, and if you ask management and we have the tools you can write a proposal to start up a project.

Working hours are relatively flexible; core hours are 9-4, but if you have to get something done during that time period all they ask is that you send out an email and then make up that time during the same pay period.

Schedules are generally lax; if you're working on something and you need more time you just have to ask for it. It's rare that you find that your project is on a tight time table.

A large group of intelligent, generally friendly people to work with.

Cons

Compensation is below average for most positions.

Desks and chairs for all but senior level management are close to the smallest you can get from IKEA. They are very close to the maximum number of employees they can fit into their current square footage (though they recently acquired the building next door, they haven't yet moved into it).

More compensation would be nice.

There are newer employer reviews for Edaptive Computing