There are newer employer reviews for Edaptive Computing

Edaptive is professional, dedicated and GROWING!

Current Employee - Contracts  in  Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Contracts in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Edaptive Computing full-time for less than a year

Pros

The atmosphere at ECI is top-notch; the employees are happy and we work to help the business grow. ECI has grown rapidly thanks to the entire team. I couldn't imagine working anywhere other than ECI. The CEO is brilliant and leads with passion for the organization. The COO is dedicated to process controls to ensure ECI runs in a healthy fashion. Overall, ECI ROCKS!!!!!! Join the team if you want to work for a growing organization dedicated to success!

Cons

Not Applicable at Edaptive Computing

Keep up the growth and dedication to your team. Please continue to lead Team EDAptive proudly!

14 Other Employee Reviews for Edaptive Computing (View Most Recent)

Long Standing House of Cards

I worked at Edaptive Computing

Pros

Good place to get your foot in the door at the entry level. You'll probably like your co-workers and it's a good place to make friends.

Cons

- This place gets cheap labor by preying on inexperienced engineers, supplies rock bottom salaries in general, and is solely focused on return on investments. This might work in the short run, but with high turnover and bad blood, new comers are forced to re-learn previously built systems without training or transition from the originators which has resulted in a culmination of stove-piped solutions with no real technical core.

- The senior management has a servant/master mentality and if you are unfortunate to work under them you will be expected to provide a limitless amount of work and effort with very little incentives. For example, you will be told to write full 25 page proposals that aren't in your areas of expertise, are provided a mere 4 hours to perform research and are given a maximum of 16 hours to complete them. if you can't finish in this amount of time (it is highly unlikely that you would be able to), you are expected to do it on "your own time" and to respectfully decline is not a valid option.

- if you plan on leaving the company be sure to use all of your vacation time beforehand unless you are prepared to fight a court battle to get compensated for it.

- We were encouraged through email to write reviews saying how wonderful of a place to work it is. Half of the positive reviews on here seem fabricated -- many of them even have the EXACT same title.

Look before you leap. Work on building a solid technical foundation and gathering the required resources before shooting to the stars. Think about getting an HR department if you continue to aspire for rapid growth. Buy your own coffee to give to customers during meetings instead of pirating it from the employee-run coffee group.

Be sure to get the whole story

I have been working at Edaptive Computing full-time for less than a year

Pros

-40 hour work week because it is all government contracts, and very rare cases you'll get overtime. Although I don't know of anyone that has been approved for their extra time, so its all off the clock.

-The "underlings" and middle management are some of the coolest guys* you'll ever meet. They will be fairly open about their opinions, and be super helpful to you. It took me a while to get to know more people, but I really like the people here, but that is the only reason this gets 2 starts. My super visor, PMs, and the guys sitting around me.

Cons

*I asterixed the guys because there are 0 women who work here that are not family of the CEO. I think it is pretty difficult to reach 55 people without a single female employee. Rumor has it, they will bring in women for interviews every couple of months just to say they tried, but in all reality they don't want women for who knows why. "distractions" I don't know.

-Pro and con, majority of people will be hired within a week of contact. This is good if you are desperate for a job, which most people are when the reach this company. I think they recruit people who have been down on their luck so they can get them for a steal. They rush the contract process because they don't want to negotiate. Ask for a copy of the contract prior to making a verbal commitment, you probably will not receive it. Everyone here is under paid, and they want to catch you off guard so they can get you for a bargain as well.

-leads me to a point about money. The administration is the largest set of penny pinchers I've ever met. Look around and you will see many examples of it. Furniture is from Ikea, Chewy Granola bars are rationed in the break room, coffee has a cover charge per cup, and a recent happening, a company picnic happened during office hours. We were told to make up the time for when we were at the park because it was going to last longer than our normal lunch hour. Also, lunch is not paid. 40 hour work week, 45 if you take an hour lunch every day.

-Be 100% clear in any negotiating you do if you choose to get hired on (not recommended). I have heard people asking about getting more education and they will say "we support you getting your masters" and by support they mean they wont stop you from getting it, not that they would support you financially. Heaven forbid they invest in their workers.

-But they do highly care about their personal "company" resume to sell themselves for more contracts. But the badges they are trying to put onto their website and proposals are just for show. I hear they have full intentions of not following up with processes once the whole company becomes "certified" with various programs, and just faking data every year after to maintain their certification.

-Overhead: Anyone who becomes a Senior level/ Project Manager/ Supervisor will be micromanaged. Its how upper management works. Also I hear they don't give adequate time for any task which use overhead hours. Again, to cut back costs. If you are not willing to put money into the foundation of your company, you probably are not planning of being around long.

-The handbook is dated for 2007, and is terribly written. This allows for management to make up the final ruling based on the situation and their opinion of you. Hardly any of it even is relevant any more. It references people who no longer work here and forms which no longer exist. They say you are going to get a 90 day review, but as with all policies, this can come at 60, 90, 6 months or even never. I have found that you only get called into a meeting if they found something and are going to ream you a new one so they can justify your lack luster salary.
    There is never any praise, if you are not getting attention, then you are doing well. Otherwise you are feeling wraith. (these statements are for upper management only, you direct supervisor will work with your and mentor you. Either that or this is the best game of good cop bad cop I've ever seen. I'm sorry if you are applying for an overhead position, aka non-developer)

-Benefits are lackluster.

Stop faking some of the posts on here so it looks like this company is good. Make the company good so people put on truthful reviews. Stop penny pinching and see how you can invest in your employees and allowing those employees to have adequate resources to seek now contracts. Having a turnover rate of about 1 person leaving a month is not a statistic to brag about when you are under 60 people. You've dug yourself a mighty fine whole, I don't know if they make ladders that tall. Good luck.

There are newer employer reviews for Edaptive Computing

Worked for Edaptive Computing? Contribute to the Community!