There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

If you're smart, hungry and want to elevate and drive your profession forward...Edelman's the place for you.

Current Employee - Executive Vice President
Current Employee - Executive Vice President

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

--Smartest, most dedicated people in the industry who are in PR for the right reasons and genuninely believe in the tenets convening transparent, honest debate and engagement to drive client agenda forward.
--Private firm with leadership committed to truly great work, not just great quarterly margins.

Cons

--For some, a culture where doing average or status quo work is seen as failure is not for them.
--Executives are not allowed to rest on laurels and exalted hierarchy is not tolerated. Execs are all required to be hands-on and 'doing' the work, not directly.
--I see these as HUGE positives, but I've had colleagues, new hires and recruits say that these are cons. Those folks tend to not last long.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you're doing and don't let success go to your head. Stay hungry, focused on doing the BEST work in the industry and we'll continue to be the biggest. Dan Edelman said it first, but it's more true every day the bigger and better we get. Easier to say when you were challenging the 'big' guys.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I work with smart, capable people who work really hard and demand excellence.

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

Excellence, Independent, progressive, Entrepeneurial, Global, the leader in its field, pushes the envelope with innovation and new thinking in redefining PR and marketing overall.

Cons

level of Intensity, demanding, some politics.

2. It is a place for entreprenuerial people to dive in and thrive, progressing as aggressively as you are able to manage.

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

Amazing people who are crazy smart, creative and an entire team excited to pitch in where needed
    Opportunities offered based on capability and merit, not just the time spent paying your dues
    Encourages people to drive new ways of thinking, new offerings and capabilities

Cons

Being part of a medium-sized digital agency within the biggest global PR agency can offer non-stop opportunities with clients, but also can be a heavy weight on relatively few digital team members in comparison to the company at-large to address everything of interest to the PR businesses.