Edelman

Demanding but rewarding

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

If you work hard, you are rewarded for it. Opportunities for growth are fairly provided and there is an environment that fosters the growth of those who go above and beyond. My managers are the best managers I have ever had in my professional life (though it is relatively short). They genuinely look out for my best interests and allow me to work autonomously. At the same time, they go out of their way to provide me with the help I need if I ask for it.

Cons

Can be incredibly demanding and high stress. In an effort to manage the economic downturn, they rely on existing employees before hiring new candidates. While this is a good thing in that it means there are no layoffs, it can translate into overworking employees (i.e. asking one person to play the role of three). They expect a lot from junior staff ... but if you prove yourself, you are usually rewarded for it.

985 Other Employee Reviews for Edelman (View Most Recent)

Great place to work- smart people, innovative work and a beautiful office.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

- smart people that are fun to work with
    - beautiful office
    - strong compensation and a good benefits package
    - opportunity for growth
    - interesting work that keeps me challenged!
    - flexible work environment, very accommodating and supportive of a work/life balance

Cons

- very big office, can be tough to navigate when you first join, but everyone is friendly and willing to help out.
    - very fast paced- can sometimes feel like there are not enough hours in the day, but i think that's the case anywhere!

The best people and clients in the industry.

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Washington, DC

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

All the diversity of experience & support of a large global company with the metabolism and hunger of a startup.

Cons

Work life balance can be challenging in an environment where you are surrounded by highly driven colleagues and large clients.

There are newer employer reviews for Edelman