Edelman

www.edelman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

A community of brilliant individuals who genuinely like working with one another

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY
Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Like any workplace, Edelman Digital is all about the people. Luckily, the work force consists of some of the brightest and most driven people in the industry-- without any of the competitiveness or petty infighting of other agencies. With an open floor plan, horizontal account structure, and a cheerful, collaborative culture, it's a fun place to work where talent and hard work are recognized and rewarded. More attention is paid to creative thinking than job titles, and great work comes out of the tight-knit teams. The Digital crew may work hard, but they also play hard and have a lot of fun together both in and out of the office.

Cons

As with any agency, work/life balance can definitely get to be an issue-- but supervisors go out of their way to provide comp days, bonuses even at a junior level, and positive recognition when you're working long hours.

Keep doing what you're doing!

997 Other Employee Reviews for Edelman (View Most Recent)

Simply the best PR agency to work for

Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great resources within the Edelman network. For any given assignment you can tap our Digital, RUTH, media services, MATTER teams, etc. for expert advice on everything from the best media contacts to roll into your outreach strategy to event logistics.

- Senior support and opportunities for advancement. The senior team leads really (for the most part) care about their employees and offer amazing opportunities to get training and experience in myriad ways including international assignments, exposure to other areas of PR, etc. based on your interests.

- Competitive compensation. While other agencies may pay a bit more, I find our pay structure to be quite competitive and fair for the market place.

- Great roster of clients. If you want to work on big, global brands, Edelman is your agency. From Unilever to HP, we have a host of clients with which we work on across the globe. And some big names in the U.S. too including Best Buy and Brita.

Cons

- Like any PR agency, there can be internal politics and challenges although I honestly don't think these are that bad considering our size.

- Work/life balance can get a bit more tipped to the work side of things from time to time but they do try and give you a break if you've been on a very intense account for awhile.

Continue to offer amazing opportunities and resources for your employees, ensure that staff are treated fairly and nicely, continue to push for new business wins in key category areas.

Edelman + PR = On the way to greatness but not there yet...

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people, although often silo-ed, usually good opportunities for advancement, although it can move very slowly. Many people here have been here for years. Edelman is working to improve office life and communities through programs such as Living in Color and Global Citizenship.

Cons

Work life balance is difficult, people are just working all the time, and it is very difficult to get them away from their desks. We do have some fun though, but it take a while to get everyone amped up for an event, in or outside the office. There are some company policies or systems that are not totally effective either (GFS and Helpdesk).

There should be a policy for bio length and content. Fusion and Sharepoint should be maintained better with easy to find case studies, or information on who to contact in which office for each account, as well as general administrative needs.

There are newer employer reviews for Edelman