There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

Edelman is a solid place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of investment in the business
Focus is on primarily client service and quality work, not the bottom line
High quality people

Cons

Can be political at times

Keep up the good work

965 Other Employee Reviews for Edelman (View Most Recent)

Best place to build a career in PR

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hands down the best place to build a career in PR; ability to work on major global brands; access to the best proprietary resources and research; relatively competitive salaries and benefits; ability to work from and experience various offices within the network; culture is great in most offices

Cons

Edelman's a huge firm, so you can easily feel overwhelmed - there's a lot of PR you need to do for yourself to get noticed, but managers for the most part are your advocates; account teams are very large and you may only have one or two, so it's easy to paint yourself into a corner

Make sure junior staff are able to interact with senior leads on a fairly regular basis; ensure salaries are competitive for the regions we live in

Simply the best PR agency to work for

Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great resources within the Edelman network. For any given assignment you can tap our Digital, RUTH, media services, MATTER teams, etc. for expert advice on everything from the best media contacts to roll into your outreach strategy to event logistics.

- Senior support and opportunities for advancement. The senior team leads really (for the most part) care about their employees and offer amazing opportunities to get training and experience in myriad ways including international assignments, exposure to other areas of PR, etc. based on your interests.

- Competitive compensation. While other agencies may pay a bit more, I find our pay structure to be quite competitive and fair for the market place.

- Great roster of clients. If you want to work on big, global brands, Edelman is your agency. From Unilever to HP, we have a host of clients with which we work on across the globe. And some big names in the U.S. too including Best Buy and Brita.

Cons

- Like any PR agency, there can be internal politics and challenges although I honestly don't think these are that bad considering our size.

- Work/life balance can get a bit more tipped to the work side of things from time to time but they do try and give you a break if you've been on a very intense account for awhile.

Continue to offer amazing opportunities and resources for your employees, ensure that staff are treated fairly and nicely, continue to push for new business wins in key category areas.

There are newer employer reviews for Edelman