There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

Challenging, fun, thriving environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great account managers, savvy and strategic planners, top-notch tacticians, courageous leaders. Fun people. Aggressive growth and rewarding experiences. The perks are also pretty awesome - great parties, free soda and coffee, constant surprise goodies and a killer office space/location.

Cons

As with typical agency life, the hours can be long, the stress can be high.

Keep challenging your team, and maintain work life balance. Lead by example.

878 Other Employee Reviews for Edelman (View Most Recent)

PR staff: excellent. MIS operations: needs work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

In my 15-month tenure at Edelman, I have met some amazing people in the PR business and, as an MIS team member, been involved with some large and interesting projects. Senior leadership of the company seems to have a vision and a plan to execute it, and is doing it very well. Benefits are good, and time-off policies (vacation, sick, leave, etc) are great.

Cons

Unfortunately, the vision for the global MIS infrastructure is not only clouded, but nearly non-existent... or at least, not communicated to staff. The global infrastructure team has cycled through five managers in eight months and continues to be understaffed. The CIO position has been vacant for at least six months. The US-wide bonus eligibility was changed suddenly this year to require over 12 months of service (and not pro-rated), excluding several people hired 12-13 months earlier who were counting on it... it does make me feel less valued than the person sitting next to me who has been employed three weeks longer than me. Salaried MIS team members really feel that, being a cost center and not billable, we are not given the consideration that billiable employees may sometimes get. During a recent office seating re-organization, the entire NY-based MIS team was moved from the open-cubicle seating plan to what amounts to glorified picnic tables.

There are some great people in MIS... long-term employees, smart and accomplished... that would make great leaders. Each infrastructure team leader on the revolving door was hired externally. Management should look to promote from within, as they do in the PR practices (this is why I have rated "Career Opportunities" very low.) And, at the very minimum, the MIS department needs a global CIO to provide an overall vision and execution plan. Lastly, uncouple the purchasing of MIS equipment from the regional CIOs and put it under one unified, global team. It is very difficult for the global infrastructure team, charged with providing efficient connectivity worldwide, to provide such a service when a local person can easily say "no, we don't want to spend the money" and then complain about their sub-par access to resources.

Best Place I've worked at since graduating college

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tons of people that are: smart, engaging, thoughtful, and hard working. You can literally carve a path for yourself doing what you want to do and you are set up for success.

Cons

There is a lot of senior managers and personalites that are so vastly different, it is sometimes difficult to navigate.

Treat each employee as the same, and try to be as encouraging as you can be. It could go a long way, and would probably be returned 10 fold by your employee.

There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!