There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

Fantastic

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Edelman full-time (less than an year)

Pros

From day one, my coworkers were so welcoming to bring me aboard and hit the ground running on projects. Best feeling to have such an amazing team to work with and makes going to work so enjoyable. I can see myself here for a while.

Cons

I may still be in the honeymoon phase because there is nothing to complain about from my experience thus far.

965 Other Employee Reviews for Edelman (View Most Recent)

Great work environment, but only limited support resources for people below the VP level

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. I feel secure in my job.
    2. It is easy to find a mentor within the firm. We have a formal mentorship program, but even without enrolling, it is easy to find industry leaders willing to provide professional and career advice. This has been invaluable for me.
    3. My current team dynamic is awesome. I enjoy working with the people on my local team, and we work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.

Cons

1. I have not been provided the technology resources (laptop, compatibility with Mac products, etc.) that are necessary to support high levels of dedication to my clients' accounts. Though our IT department has been updating systems, there seems to be a reluctance to provide those expected to execute the
    2. Staffing seems to be heavily weighted toward the senior management side of the business. The ratio of strategists to executors on accounts often seems to be 1:1, where it should be more weighted toward execution.
    3. Though my colleagues and I are often asked for opinions on how to conduct client activities, it often seems these are courtesies rather than legitimate requests for input.

Get real with technology - the folks doing the work for clients run Macs now. IT always complains that Macs aren't secure, but they've made it work for our creative staff in Digital, so it must be possible. Make remote desktop compatible with Macs, or give us laptops like most other professional service firms.

Great place to work. Fosters creativity, provides responsibility, lots of room to grow.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership and mid-management are eager for creative ideas. Employees are given ample opportunity to prove themselves with clients.

Cons

Always on culture. Leadership attempts to stifle it to preserve work/life balance, but be prepared to respond. It's part of the industry, and being available gets you in-line for promotions.

Protect staff from over-use and burn out. Employees aren't just assets.

There are newer employer reviews for Edelman