Edelman

www.edelman.com

The Honeymoon is over and I ran out of Koolaid.

(Current Employee)

ProsGlobal and diverse client base, fast pace, fair pay scale. Global offices may open up opportunities to work abroad. Some really great co-workers and ideals. Regardless of your length of stay, the experience you gain will benefit you in the long run.

ConsThe Canadian offices are going through some growing pains. I found staffing to be heavy on the Senior level and sparse where the actual detailed work needs to be accomplished. This equates to many consecutive long hours with no compensation. You may find yourself pigeon holed very quickly and looking elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementI found many executive decisions are made on emotion and internal politics. I've seen a lot of fed up talented people leave and a lot of promotions happen that are not based on skill set or track record.

It's Like Working in a Sorority

I have been working at Edelman full-time

Pros: Edelman is a great company, with potential to move up… Cons: If you come to Edelman as an entry level AAE, expect to be treated like scum. It's… Advice to Senior Management: Management definitely needs coaching. 24 and 25 year old managers at this company do not know how to be professional nor how to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very competitive environment, full of personal politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Edelman full-time for less than a year

Pros: Biggest PR firm in the world, exciting environment, holds fun… Cons: Really underpay their employees for how much they claim they are the best, office politics determines 90% of decisions, people are… Advice to Senior Management: Show mutual respect to those below you rather than adopting an attitude of being too busy… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Edelman.

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!