There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

The Honeymoon is over and I ran out of Koolaid.

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Global and diverse client base, fast pace, fair pay scale. Global offices may open up opportunities to work abroad. Some really great co-workers and ideals. Regardless of your length of stay, the experience you gain will benefit you in the long run.

Cons

The Canadian offices are going through some growing pains. I found staffing to be heavy on the Senior level and sparse where the actual detailed work needs to be accomplished. This equates to many consecutive long hours with no compensation. You may find yourself pigeon holed very quickly and looking elsewhere.

I found many executive decisions are made on emotion and internal politics. I've seen a lot of fed up talented people leave and a lot of promotions happen that are not based on skill set or track record.

875 Other Employee Reviews for Edelman (View Most Recent)

It's Like Working in a Sorority

I have been working at Edelman full-time

Pros

Edelman is a great company, with potential to move up and make a good salary.

Cons

If you come to Edelman as an entry level AAE, expect to be treated like scum. It's like you're pledging for a sorority all over again, and it's not paid well enough to be so.

Management definitely needs coaching. 24 and 25 year old managers at this company do not know how to be professional nor how to treat their employees well, with respect, so that they can grow and flourish. AAEs might struggle day-to-day, and it is not a good environment.

Very competitive environment, full of personal politics

I worked at Edelman full-time for less than a year

Pros

Biggest PR firm in the world, exciting environment, holds fun employee morale actives, travel opportunities

Cons

Really underpay their employees for how much they claim they are the best, office politics determines 90% of decisions, people are mainly out for themselves and most think they are way better than you which is clearly evident in employee turn over rate

Show mutual respect to those below you rather than adopting an attitude of being too busy and superior. I was literally scolded like a five year old at times by management.

There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!