Edelman

www.edelman.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

The Honeymoon is over and I ran out of Koolaid.

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Global and diverse client base, fast pace, fair pay scale. Global offices may open up opportunities to work abroad. Some really great co-workers and ideals. Regardless of your length of stay, the experience you gain will benefit you in the long run.

Cons

The Canadian offices are going through some growing pains. I found staffing to be heavy on the Senior level and sparse where the actual detailed work needs to be accomplished. This equates to many consecutive long hours with no compensation. You may find yourself pigeon holed very quickly and looking elsewhere.

I found many executive decisions are made on emotion and internal politics. I've seen a lot of fed up talented people leave and a lot of promotions happen that are not based on skill set or track record.

1012 Other Employee Reviews for Edelman (View Most Recent)

It's Like Working in a Sorority

I have been working at Edelman full-time

Pros

Edelman is a great company, with potential to move up and make a good salary.

Cons

If you come to Edelman as an entry level AAE, expect to be treated like scum. It's like you're pledging for a sorority all over again, and it's not paid well enough to be so.

Management definitely needs coaching. 24 and 25 year old managers at this company do not know how to be professional nor how to treat their employees well, with respect, so that they can grow and flourish. AAEs might struggle day-to-day, and it is not a good environment.

Two Thumbs Up

I worked at Edelman full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Edelman is a fantastic employer. You have a variety of accounts to work on that really help you hone your skills. Strategic thinking, being creative, and emphasizing measurement / ROI are key strengths of the firm, and what you are trained on from day one. Your colleagues are nice, smart, and many long-term friendships are forged, albeit from some late nights at the office. The career path is clear on how to progress up the ladder. What I especially appreciate is the trust Edelman gives to its employees.

Cons

It is a lot of work, especially when you are employed in one of the big city locations, but if you want to work at a large global PR agency, it truly is second to none.

Continue on the path of providing work-life balance and commitment to more women in senior leadership roles.

There are newer employer reviews for Edelman