There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

i think the agency really is among the best, worked at several. More vision, talent and team orientation than others.

Current Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA

Pros

Good culture, interesting and prestigious clients

Cons

Technology tools sometimes lacking in IT area

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for Edelman

1. If I didn't work here I'd want to be a client.

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Seattle, WA

Pros

Edelman offers the greatest variety and depth of public relations counsel in the agency realm. I worked at Waggener Edstrom, as well as Hill and Knowlton and had vowed never to work in an agency again. I began at Edelman as a part-time employee and was immediately impressed by the level of client service, support for employees and most of all by the senior leadership. Having worked at other agencies, I was stunned by the personal involvement of c-level executives in helping clients on a day to day basis and winning new business. The value account teams deliver is unsurpassed (at least based upon the experience in my office). All voices are valued and creative thinking is accepted at all levels. I realize this sounds a bit like a pollyanna, but is truly my experience.

Cons

The reality is that agency life isn't for everyone. I do feel it is the best environment for learning and expanding your skill set. I am grateful that Edelman is a private company because we can weather the tough times and keeping employees is a priority.

Advice to Management

Leading a diverse and global company is not easy and it is difficult to maintain a company's culture. I would encourage the leadership to support regional differences so that we can continue to provide the best local AND global support.

2. Excellent company with outstanding values mixed with a fun and entertaining environment!

Pros

I love what I do, I love the people I work with and I'm proud to be employed by Edelman. The Seattle office is fun and hard-working. Employees work hard and reap the benefits... senior staff does a good job of acknowledging and rewarding people who make solid contributions. The office is casual, laid-back and endlessly entertaining, which makes me happy to be at work each day. I don't think I've ever dreaded coming to work and the environment and people are the main reason why. Communication is another strength; senior staff communicate company and office news often and consistently.

Cons

You have to work really hard sometimes, but it's great to know that your co-workers are doing the same thing, making them dedicated and intelligent contributors.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating to staff and be as transparent as possible.