Edelman

www.edelman.com

Good training ground for junior and mid level

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYoung professionals get exposure to PR at top notch client companies, along with many lesser known companies. Opportunities exist to work o a wide variety of client types and industries.
Benefits and compensation are good to very good, opportunity for travel and there's even global "work abroad for a year" program.

ConsEasy to get siloed in a group or on a large account, but Edelman has improved opportunities for employees to transfer teams and onto new accounts over the last few years.
Lots of egos and internal competition among offies, practice areas and individuals. Squeaky wheels tend to get a lot of grease, deserved or not. Lots of big egos. Still a pink collar ghetto, with the vast majority of upper management jobs held by men, though arguably slowly improving in this area.
Expectation that you are "always on, always connected" can be burnout. Definitely not a 9-5 place.

Edelman Public Relations Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Edelman as an intern

Pros: Full-time, great professional experience for public relations graduates, friendly and caring… Cons: One of the smaller Edelman offices More

Edelman Public Relation Office Assistant

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great reputation and name in the business Cons: Not good to their lower level employees Advice to Senior Management: Treat everyone the same way No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Edelman.

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!