There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

Strike a better balance

Current Employee - Senior Vice President
Current Employee - Senior Vice President

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People, process, products, places. We have smart people; sound, documented approaches; innovative offerings; and offices in 67 cities throughout the world. There's a lot of opportunity with Edelman.

Cons

Little overhead. It's probably why we are so profitable, but it weighs heavy on PR staff.

Strike a better balance of billable/non-billable work for senior PR staff. In other words, senior people are expected to do a lot of administrative work (staffing, resource allocation, new business, budgeting, financial management, training, other non-billable initiatives, etc.) and not sacrifice client work to get it done. It is incredibly difficult as there are only 24 hours in a day. And most aren't motivated by all the administrative work, but rather would like to spend more time focusing on clients.

967 Other Employee Reviews for Edelman (View Most Recent)

Edelman takes culture seriously and loves to give back to their employees.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work with some the greatest minds in the industry on some of the world's best brands. Because Edelman is an independent agency, they place an increased value on culture and maintain an entrepreneurial spirit that makes working here fun and rewarding.

Cons

Like any PR agency, it is sometimes a struggle to maintain a healthy work/life balance and office politics can come into play.

Edelman is a global behemoth that somehow manages to maintain the heart of a family company.

Current Employee - Executive Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

My colleagues range from brilliant creative types to incisive market researchers to much sought after strategists. I'm challenged by colleagues on a daily basis to view issues in a new way and that has made me smarter than I was before I worked here.

Cons

You have to be very mentally quick, flexible and able to problem solve at a pace that can sometimes be tiring.

Whatever you are doing, keep it up, the secret sauce is working.

There are newer employer reviews for Edelman