Edelman

Good place to work

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive
Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

Great atmosphere, smart and engaging people, creative environment where your thoughts and opinions matter. You can make your own path.

Cons

Low compensation and long hours but you will find that with any agency. Have to be forward and be your biggest cheerleader.

Continue to engage and listen to the junior staff and take into account their time and effort to complete tasks.

985 Other Employee Reviews for Edelman (View Most Recent)

Good place to learn, challenging to grow if you're not the "right" personality

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

There are many opportunities to learn and take on a variety of projects. There are also opportunities switch to difference practices. Edelman also encourages having a life outside of work and experiencing new things - I really value that and would hate to work for a place that doesn't encourage these values.

Cons

To me, the louder you are, the more recognition and promotional opportunities there are. It doesn't always seem fair that you must be extremely vocal in order to be given new responsibilities. There does seem to be heavy favoritism at this office. Sometimes it's too big for junior staff to have the chance to dive in and take on more meaty projects and roles.

Listen to the junior staff - we have good ideas too. Also, management needs to look at how people are evaluated and promoted. I was overlooked for not being outgoing enough - at least that's what it boils down to - while others with less experience were promoted at the same time I finally was. It didn't matter that I had great praise for the great work I was doing from everyone on the internal team as well as from clients.

Unless you want to be overworked, underpaid and regularly backstabbed...don't work here

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Edelman

Pros

You will learn a lot about media lists, media relations and social media while working here. This knowledge is very valuable. You will also learn a lot about office politics, which comes with a price but could be valuable eventually. Overall, the ultimate “pro” is that you will walk away with a major name in the PR industry on your resume.

Cons

To name a few cons, Edelman Seattle is full of poor management, favoritism and toxic people. If you are not a favorite of the general manager, upper management or HR don’t expect to get a promotion, a raise or even be heard when you have an issue. If your manager feels at all threatened by you and your talent, you will be demeaned in front of upper management and clients, not promoted for reasons you will only find out during your review and will be positioned by your manager as “not meeting the mark” (regardless of meeting/exceeding client expectations). Some other cons include low pay, long hours and very little appreciation.

You are losing talent to office politics, a terrible HR department and toxic people.

There are newer employer reviews for Edelman