Edelman
www.edelman.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Great reputation, but few long-term employees"

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
San Mateo, CA

ProsAwesome place to start your career and get agency experience from a company that is top-notch. Edelman has the power, the client names and a great CEO. Given that we are private it isn't based on "billability."

Better training - Company recently announced Edelman Learning Institute, which shows the company cares about providing professional development for its' employees.

Great reputation, when looking at Glassdoor many of the other power players in the large PR agency don't have the same

ConsEdelman Digital - They receive benefits and perks PR doesn't, like annual retreats and their system for promotions isn't matched to the PR side of things, yet the titles are the same.

Transfers - Edelman makes it seem very easy for employees to transfer, but they still have to interview the job and it can take months. Also you cannot use it as promotion opportunity, must transfer at your level. For international transfers, you must be an Account Supervisor. Wish it was more transparent.

Politics - Promotions aren't always based on merit, if you associate with the right people you will be promoted faster, even when not deserved.

Abundant opportunities to pursue your goals.

Austin, TX

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The industry is fast-paced and intriguing. My colleagues are the best in the business. The leadership is trustworthy and encourages us… Cons: Rare internal politics erupt which is inevitable anywhere you'll work.… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Found: a company that cares!

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

Pros: Culture: The company is concerned about the employees, giving back to the community and creating an environment to encourage creativity to provide the clients with… Cons: The company is growing, space is at a premium, some floors are redone, some need to be remodelled. Not everyone has a… Advice to Senior Management: Continue encouraging and being accessible to all employees from every level. When employees know their voice… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Edelman.

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!

Edelman – Why Work for Us?

On October 1, 1952, Daniel J. Edelman and Associates was founded in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago with three employees servicing one client. More than 60 years later, with 67 offices and over 4,800 employees servicing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edelman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Edelman CEO Richard W. Edelman. All reviews posted anonymously by Edelman employees.