Great reputation, but few long-term employees"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Awesome place to start your career and get agency experience from a company that is top-notch. Edelman has the power, the client names and a great CEO. Given that we are private it isn't based on "billability."

Better training - Company recently announced Edelman Learning Institute, which shows the company cares about providing professional development for its' employees.

Great reputation, when looking at Glassdoor many of the other power players in the large PR agency don't have the same

Cons

Edelman Digital - They receive benefits and perks PR doesn't, like annual retreats and their system for promotions isn't matched to the PR side of things, yet the titles are the same.

Transfers - Edelman makes it seem very easy for employees to transfer, but they still have to interview the job and it can take months. Also you cannot use it as promotion opportunity, must transfer at your level. For international transfers, you must be an Account Supervisor. Wish it was more transparent.

Politics - Promotions aren't always based on merit, if you associate with the right people you will be promoted faster, even when not deserved.

Other Reviews for Edelman

Great place to work

Current Employee - Account Supervisor  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart people, the biggest/most influential clients, career pathing, fun culture

Cons

Your expectations for after hours work varies by manager

Clear delineation of when comp days are allowed based on number of hours worked

Surrounded by the best and brightest in my field

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Edelman has truly been the best career opportunity I've had to date. My day-to-day is always different, full of challenges and the rewards that come with meeting those difficulties head on. My colleagues are so smart and engaged, and above all happy. It's not a culture of complaining, it's a culture of doing, even when the doing isn't all puppies and rainbows. But with that being said, sometimes my job IS about puppies and rainbows, which is really awesome. I couldn't be more proud to be in an environment that provides career development and opportunities at all levels.

Cons

As the saying goes--in the world of PR, there is no such thing as vacation.

There are newer employer reviews for Edelman.

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!