Edelman

www.edelman.com
  www.edelman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

Stepping stone to greater opportunities

Current Employee - Trainee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Trainee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As an intern, I worked with many different clients. The staff is creative with many diverse backgrounds. There are many great employee benefits, including mixers, happy hours, snacks around the office, and career training. There are a variety of opportunities to apply different skill sets here, so there is always new and interesting work to be done. Excellent experience in traditional and social media communications.

Cons

The job is quite demanding and does not lend itself to a great work-life balance. Many folks burn out quickly. Also, the pay initially does not meet the expectations of the job. Lower-level employees must dig their heels in for several years before salary begins to match the job.

Continue investing in your hires and do not burn them out!

985 Other Employee Reviews for Edelman (View Most Recent)

Don't believe the hype

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Edelman full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the people you work with are great (emphasis on 'most'). Good benefits, vacation time and a beautiful office. Plenty of social events. Great client list and recognition of the Edelman name.

Cons

Bureaucratic, family run popularity contest. I'm not sure I understand all the positive reviews after having worked there for 2+ years. Exceptions to various rules are the norm- it's all about who you know, how long you've been there, and how much dirt you have on various sketchy situations that keeps you in control. Junior staff are disposable and they salaries are not competitive.

Pay attention to the people who are actually doing the work, not the figureheads who are practically furniture they've been there for so long.

Edelman Digital is not Ready for Prime Time

Former Employee - Content Strategist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Content Strategist in New York, NY

I worked at Edelman as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

None whatsoever. Never saw a place that was this ill-prepared for project management. Ever.

Cons

Project "Manager" and subordinates are grasping around trying to figure out how to do basic web or intranet re-design projects; stick to PR, kids, and reserve the deeper waters for digital agencies that know how to do this.
    Not near any trains, so commute sucks.
    Did not meet anyone during my whole 2 hours of employment there that I thought was intelligent, stable, creative or worth hiring.

Don't hire people like the indecisive PM that hired me without ever interviewing me. Don't hire anyone for the Digital side that does not understand how to run these types of projects. Don't hire anyone who thinks that excel spreadsheets are scary and weird-looking. Also, don't put new staff in a supply closet with broken PA systems, spare tables and chairs (NO JOKE, THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED!!!)

There are newer employer reviews for Edelman