Edelman is my home

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

Awesome environment for both personal growth as well as institutional growth. Teamwork is a given and continued education is encouraged. I love my job. Truly.

Cons

Sometimes the A/C is ridiculously freezing in here! Although, that's not much of a complaint. We all love our jobs so much and are so dedicated to the brands we represent that our hours are intense. Love every second of it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome job. Never have I been a part of company with such strong corporate culture and such pride among its employees. It's inspiring... hourly!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great Name, Poor Mid and Lower Level Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Edelman

Pros

Looks great on resume. Provides amazing exposure to high profile clients (depending on assignment). If you play your cards right and are willing to put yourself out there, you can have access to some of the great thinkers in the PR industry today.

Cons

Edelman is definately a powerhouse PR firm, but the things that make it so great don't always permeate down to the mid and lower level management, making it hard to really learn and grow within the internship. Your experience is solely dependent on which account you are placed on and under which management. Embarrassing and uncomfortable lack of diversity, both in background and demographics. Very little feedback. NY office is not for the weak-minded--you have to be aggressive or you will be left out to dry.

Advice to Management

Provide much better structure for feedback at all levels. Make an effort to invest in your employees and make sure that the mid and lower level managers are carrying the same values as you.

2. Great agency that can do better integrating its resources

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

Great place to work and develop your PR skills. Invests behind its Thought Leadership, both dollars and mindshare, helping employees think beyond the traditional PR definition. Truly is what you make it - if there is something you want to do and can make the business case for it, doors are pretty wide open. Smart people, great clients, amazing work.

Cons

Geographic, practice and specialty group silos can make putting together the best team and best resources for clients challenging. That is getting better, though.

Advice to Management

Keep backing up your hype. If you say you're doing something, do it. If you put out intellectual property, make sure its known and understood so everyone in the firm can use it and bring it to their jobs.