There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

When you first start at Edelman...

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

Lots of energy, fun, exciting. Variety of tasks and employee moral building is all around each and every week.

Cons

You have to be a self-starter and cheer for yourself initially. What are the working hours? Do you get overtime when you have to stay late or come in early to finish a task or project. What is my job description? What is my level? None of this was explained until after the 4 week meeting with my supervisor.

I think there should be an initial meeting with other admins to help you learn the ropes, how to integrate yourself with the Edelman/Digital culture. Maybe there should be little "clubs" for each job type so you can start off strong. Everyone is not a self-starter or proactive and therefore without some guidance they might become disillusioned early in their career at Edelman. I took it as an adventure and journey to meet people and find and discover and learn the systems at Edelman. Everyone might not like it that way.

967 Other Employee Reviews for Edelman (View Most Recent)

not applicable

Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

Great Benefits. The company does a lot for it's employees, snack cart, outings. It's a fun place to work.

Cons

At times, not enough work/life balance. Sometimes we have so much work to do we are forced to stay late into to night.

Be nice to your employees, they work hard all day and a simple Thank You from time to time is nice to hear from you. So us you appreciate us.

I love my job at Edelman

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

The best thing about working at Edelman is the people. It's an amazing company, with great thought leadership, management, and foresight. They're always thinking about the next step forward in the PR industry, hiring smart people, and making it a fun place to work.

Cons

There aren't many cons I can think of

Management should communicate more often about new hires and people leaving to the entire office.

There are newer employer reviews for Edelman