EdgeWave

www.edgewave.com
  www.edgewave.com
There are newer employer reviews for EdgeWave

It is a great place to work

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EdgeWave

Pros

Working for Edgewave is like being with family. They are caring and flexible to employee needs. They are also good about thinking out side of the box.

Cons

Edgewave has been around for 17 years as both St. Bernard and Red Condor but since it is a brand new name they need to build marketing recognition.

I would come up with state of the art products that nobody else in the market has so that you would have a niche.

24 Other Employee Reviews for EdgeWave (View Most Recent)

A really badly managed company

I worked at EdgeWave

Pros

Excellent executive pay and benefits, but you have to be an executive
    Some good people, like any other company
    A fun and colorful history

Cons

my personal (free-speech protected) opinion: the current leader (executive chairman, ex-CEO) is a guy who got lucky once selling a company at a time where acquisitions were notoriously overpriced. Having confused luck with competence he took over this company, thinking he'd know how to run it. He did not seem to work or produce much, but he must have done something right because he managed to show up on the Union Tribune's list of San Diego's top paid CEOs. However, good executive pay is expensive, and since the company is not making much money, he's had to layoff quite a few employees. It's OK, he'd grown disillusioned with them anyway for not being able to deliver on his vision.

Leave and let someone competent run the company

Best Company I've worked for

I have been working at EdgeWave full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Flexibility
    -Culture
    -Benefits

I have worked in many industries and I can honestly say EdgeWave has been one of the best companies, if not the best company I've worked for. You are given independence and freedom to do your job how you see fit. I have received many incentives for a job well done above and beyond what a normal employer would give besides four raises in a little over two years (no I'm not exaggerating). Most people at the Company have only ever worked for EdgeWave or have only ever worked in the technology industry and do not realize how good they have it. I say try working in the retail or hospitality industries for awhile and then see if there are complaints about management, culture, or appreciation because there wouldn't be any.

Cons

-a few bad apples can ruin the crop

There have been a lot of changes in senior management in the sales department over the last three years. This has resulted in quite a few bad hires and disgruntled sales employees that probably should never have been hired in the first place. Sales may drive a company, but on Glassdoor regarding EdgeWave, sales employees' reviews have led to a rationalization of delusional perspective. No one that is happy really writes reviews, which is why I thought I should, since I am. All of the other departments are quite content with EdgeWave, and since that is where the Company's core competencies are, that is more important. The Company now has very exciting new leadership in the sales department, so this area should improve greatly.

Don't listen to negative reviews about management. I can honestly say I have not had a better employer. Over half the employees at EdgeWave have been with the Company for 5+ years, and quite a few for 10 and 15+ years and are very happy with the flexibility, understanding, and appreciation from their managers.

There are newer employer reviews for EdgeWave