There are newer employer reviews for EdgeWave

Worst Job Ever

Former Employee - Senior Unix/Linux Administrative  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Senior Unix/Linux Administrative in San Diego, CA

I worked at EdgeWave

Pros

As Senior admin I was given full authority to build the unix team as I saw fit, and to define technology standards as I saw fit.

Cons

Management totally failed to deliver the promised 'unix team' for me to build up. After 9 months I was still the only admin, and was still expected to be on-call 24x365.
Management was totally non-responsive to my repeated requests for assistance. My workload was unrealistic, I couldn't even address half the work coming at me.
Benifits package was poor. they promised employee stock purchase, but were never able to deliver. Health insurance was more than 5 times what I pay for private insurance. Retirement was non-matching 401k. PTO was 3 weeks per year, but since I was continuously on-call, I couldn't really use it.

much of the problem stems from senior management, so... I don't really know what to say. I definitely believe that several members of upper management should be let go.

17 Other Employee Reviews for EdgeWave (View Most Recent)

It is a great place to work

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EdgeWave

Pros

Working for Edgewave is like being with family. They are caring and flexible to employee needs. They are also good about thinking out side of the box.

Cons

Edgewave has been around for 17 years as both St. Bernard and Red Condor but since it is a brand new name they need to build marketing recognition.

I would come up with state of the art products that nobody else in the market has so that you would have a niche.

A really badly managed company

I worked at EdgeWave

Pros

Excellent executive pay and benefits, but you have to be an executive
    Some good people, like any other company
    A fun and colorful history

Cons

my personal (free-speech protected) opinion: the current leader (executive chairman, ex-CEO) is a guy who got lucky once selling a company at a time where acquisitions were notoriously overpriced. Having confused luck with competence he took over this company, thinking he'd know how to run it. He did not seem to work or produce much, but he must have done something right because he managed to show up on the Union Tribune's list of San Diego's top paid CEOs. However, good executive pay is expensive, and since the company is not making much money, he's had to layoff quite a few employees. It's OK, he'd grown disillusioned with them anyway for not being able to deliver on his vision.

Leave and let someone competent run the company

There are newer employer reviews for EdgeWave

Worked for EdgeWave? Contribute to the Community!