Edgewater Technology

Review of BDM role

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Wakefield, MA
Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Edgewater Technology

Pros

Edgewater provided a very good product and service and had exceptional technologists employed that were on projects. Edgewater also had a non-structured environment which allowed us to be creative and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.

Cons

The sales model at Edgewter was backwards. They really lacked a sales culture in that most of the selling was done by non-sales people who did not know what a customer was. There was a mentality of "let me tell you how smart we are so you'll buy from us".

Be more customer focused. Listen to customers more. Understand and embrace that the service industry, regardless of the product, is all based on the customer.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Edgewater Technology (View Most Recent)

Hands off management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Edgewater Technology

Pros

You get a lot of autonomy in dealing with the client. There is very little second guessing of how a deliverable should be crafted for the client. The cash compensation was good. Whenever your saw the senior management face to face, they were personable and friendly.

Cons

There are times when you want hands-on management - like for an annual performance review and salary review. I was there 5 years and it never happened to me. I have no idea if they followed a formal process for promotions; if they did, it was not apparent to the rank and file. The culture seemed to be "out of sight, out of mind"; ironically, the more one was out of the office making money for the company, the less valuable one was perceived because you were not seen.

Make the HR processes more consistent and transparent.

Good company for the right person

Current Employee - Consultant in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Edgewater Technology

Pros

Young company; very entrepreneurial environment; great opportunities for smart people

Cons

Management communication could be better

Communicate better