Edgewood Center for Children and Families
www.edgewoodcenter.org San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Great Mission, Inept Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Edgewood Center for Children and Families full-time for more than a year

ProsThe staff are committed to the mission of the organization. They work very hard, and genuinely care about the outcomes for clients.

ConsThe leadership has no idea what is going on. Leaders make lots of money, while the people working with children are making $13 an hour. Lots of injuries.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve the staff. Pay them what they deserve. Stop putting old business friends into positions of power and firing people that are there for the right reasons.

"Over The Edge" support group forming for employees traumatized at Edgewood Center for Children and Families.

Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Edgewood Center for Children and Families

Pros: The mission is to help abused and neglected children and the therapists/ teachers/ interns do an outstanding job relating to these children and trying to… Cons: The work is extremely traumatic for employees, many who must hold out-of-control children on the floor while they rage and cry and sometimes bleed.… Advice to Senior Management: Reduce caseloads and build in additional supports for stress reduction. Provide supervision which helps staff reduce and cope with their own trauma and is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great line-staff, decent supervisors and managers, quirk senior management

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Edgewood Center for Children and Families full-time

Pros: Pros: strong mission, excellent training, competitive wages, strong H&W benefits, great way to… Cons: Cons: calcified management approaches, the repeat rehire of an interim CEO with no relevant experience beyond Board connections… Advice to Senior Management: If the Board hires J.D. as CEO for a third… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Edgewood Center for Children and Families.

Worked for Edgewood Center for Children and Families? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edgewood Center for Children and Families reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Edgewood Center for Children and Families employees.