operator

Former Employee - Operator in Manteca, CA
Former Employee - Operator in Manteca, CA

I worked at Edible Arrangements part-time (More than a year)

Pros

everything was always smooth and great

Cons

there is not too many hours

Advice to Management

let your employees get more hours

Other Employee Reviews for Edible Arrangements

1. BIG opportunities if you have the passion... plus lots of fruit!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at Edible Arrangements full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is really an amazing time to be working for EA corporate: the franchise just opened the 1000th store, recently partnered with private equity firm Catterton Partners, and there are a lot of huge new things happening in 2013 and beyond. I can't say enough of the opportunity you have working here. You get to work on a ton of diverse and really interesting/exciting projects -- things that may be directly related to your job, and some things that are not. In my experience, if you show an interest and have the passion, you can pretty much work on whatever you want to pursue. LOTS of options in terms of brand new positions. Work with some pretty amazing people at corporate. Learn from really smart franchisees who have invested in this brand and are growing their own EA empires around the country and world. Even though it can be STRESSFUL, it's still a fun and cool work environment. Plus, there's always fresh fruit in the kitchen, and chocolate dipped fruit floating around most of the time, too.

Cons

Long hours (sometimes... a lot of times...), particularly around the busiest holidays like Christmas, Valentine's Day and Mother's Day -- which you need to realize is to be expected in a holiday-driven retail business. It's challenging to prioritize with a million different things happening at once, when everything is always considered extremely important. I think it definitely takes a certain intensity to really thrive here, but the payoff for those who are really passionate can be great.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on some things I know are already being worked on. Example: Make sure you don't make recent efforts in employee recognition "a "time one thing" -- giving away a new car this year was a WOW. Now, keep it up! Say thank you even more than you think you need to. Say it early and often. Tuition reimbursement would be amazing. (That is, if you have the time with work to take advantage of pursuing advanced degree). Summer hours or flex time!!!! (Seriously. Some of us put in a lot of hours.)

2. Best/ easiest job I've ever had

Former Contractor - Seasonal Labor in Surprise, AZ
    Former Contractor - Seasonal Labor in Surprise, AZ

I worked at Edible Arrangements as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

working with all women all the time

Cons

being the only guy all the time