Edifecs

www.edifecs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Edifecs

Not the worst company to work for, a good experience in terms of technology and complexity

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Edifecs full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good location. Acceptable salaries. Good culture. Good benefits. Good care of employee's health(fitness room, fitness classes, sponsorship for soccer/volleyball)

Cons

Too many layers for a such small company . Loyalty based structure. A lot of easy come, easy go people in top positions. No long term responsibilities, sometimes people are treated as resources.

Develop a better carer path and appreciate dedicated people before they leave.

116 Other Employee Reviews for Edifecs (View Most Recent)

Great place to learn, and grow as a Software Engineer.

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Edifecs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunities for growth, there are many places to learn new technologies and to push the boundaries of technologies.
    Deals with large amounts of data throughput, that big data like technologies are highly sought after.
    Full of smart motivated people who drive to get things done.
    Very competitive compensations against large players like Amazon, Microsoft, and Google.

Cons

Company has been rapidly growing, and with it comes some growing pains, but this leaves large openings for motivated people to excel.

I would not recommend Edifecs. And feel working there set my career back for the following reasons.

I worked at Edifecs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None. Other that the health plan is ok.

Cons

• Management is extremely un-professional, degrades the employees, and absolutely does not care about employee career paths. It’s blatantly obvious that management only cares about their careers and achievements. I have been in IT for many years and can honestly say Edifecs management is by far the worst I have worked under.
    • 99% of employees are from India, including the management, thus making for a completely different culture if you’re a US citizen. Employees speak in the native language frequently in the office, which is un-professional. Project time lines are so unrealistic that’s its stupid on management’s part to even consider them.
    • The Edifecs product is health care transactional software. The software is extremely cumbersome to configure, upgrade, and implement. Client complaints are heard daily, and it’s hard to work with the clients when you feel the same pain on dealing with Edifecs software as they do.
    • Retention rate is below average. Employees with over 10 years are treated like gods, but its amazing what very little they actually know, taking into account their many years at Edifecs. Edifecs is the only company that I have worked for where employees only answer internal emails that they want to or can answer. All others are ignored. I believe in answering all internal correspondence.
    • If your fresh out of College and entering the IT field. Edifecs is a waste of time. Working at Edifecs with their open source troublesome proprietary software keeps you out of the loop as the rest of the IT world blows by. Leaving Edifecs after many years leaves you with a limited set of skills. Unless you’re a Java programmer.

Screen your management and hire managers that are qualified and know how to manage people in the United States.

Edifecs Response

Jun 20, 2013Global Recruiting Director

Hey Anonymous - Randall here, the new Global Recruiting Director for Edifecs. Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. It is always good to hear from current and former employees so that we ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Edifecs