I've worked multiple tutoring positions around campus

Former Employee - Tutor
Former Employee - Tutor

I worked at Edmonds Community College part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's easy to find jobs especially if you know someone. Also, if you're good at your job it makes it easier to get hired elsewhere.

They will work around your school schedule so you can fill in those pesky 1-2hr breaks with something productive.

Cons

A max number of hours is set to 19. Also, the pay can be low. Luckily i was paid from 10-12.5/hr

Other Reviews for Edmonds Community College

Great Higher Education Facility

Former Employee - Office Assistant I  in  Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Office Assistant I in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Edmonds Community College full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunities and experience gained to take to other employer.

Cons

Limited full-time employment opportunities, too many part-time employees working 15-17 hours or less per week. Some departments have poor supervision of work study students and do not communicate well.

Combine part-time positions to full-time and/or suggest the union pool benefit monies so part-time workers (15 hours/week or more) have benefits (even though some of the cost will come out of the part-time employee's wages (similar to the k-12 school districts).

New administration has cracked the once strong foundation of the campus community.

Former Employee - Bookstore Buyer  in  Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Bookstore Buyer in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Edmonds Community College full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

At this time I see no pros. Used to be the people, the campus community.

Cons

The "one big family" feeling is gone. Working with fewer and fewer resources but expected to continue to grow and improve. Employees are burning out fast. Current administration is not transparent in decision making or implementation of changes.

You have a wealth of experience and knowledge in your long time staff as well as ideas from existing and new staff. Listen to them and make sure you are really hearing them. Don't change just for changes sake. The foundation of trust and respect need to be rebuilt for the campus to grow and succeed.

There are newer employer reviews for Edmonds Community College.

Worked for Edmonds Community College? Contribute to the Community!