There are newer employer reviews for Edmunds.com

Hands down the best place to work

Former Employee - Data Research Associate  in  Santa Monica, CA
Former Employee - Data Research Associate in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Edmunds prides itself on being "hands down the best place to work in Southern California" and they are. They provide you with lots of free snacks and arcade games to unwind with during breaks. However, it's not just the benefits, but the people who work there that make it worth while. My colleagues became my close friends and I looked forward to working with them everyday.

Cons

The pay is not as competitive as other companies, which the benefits seem to make up for.

88 Other Employee Reviews for Edmunds.com (View Most Recent)

Disappointed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company full of great people (the troops), great office and coffee bar. I believe ownership and it's core group care and want whats best (it's just below them where i believe the issues lie).

Cons

I worked for the Tier 3 team. Tier 3 management is in over its head except for one person and I wonder just how much he can actually get accomplished. Tier 3 sales team should be run by the regional director from the northwest. When she speaks, people listen because they know they are going to learn something...and she has the respect of the Tier 3 team (unlike the person currently holding the position).

You have some great people working for you in the field (with years of experience), listen to them. You have a product problem, not an Account Manager problem in most cases. Look in the mirror and stop blaming those on the front line. There is no such thing as a retention visit at this time...each visit your account managers make, they have to re-sell the product. You hired some great people, use their knowledge to make your site/company stronger.

Technology and the beach

Former Employee - Senior Director of Applications Operations  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Director of Applications Operations in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

1 mile from beach
    Good people
    Interesting technology challenges
    Wonderful office space
    Great perks
    Made good friends there
    Lots of other nearby tech companies sharing ideas

Cons

Long hours
    Poor work/life balance
    IT leadership needed to change the ops/dev split into a more merged, pairin team environment

Do DevOps/pairing
    Move to cloud technology

There are newer employer reviews for Edmunds.com

Worked for Edmunds.com? Contribute to the Community!