There are newer employer reviews for Edmunds.com

Full of challenges.

Former Employee - Senior Release Management Engineer  in  Santa Monica, CA
Former Employee - Senior Release Management Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Edmunds.com

Pros

A lot of opportunities for working with new technologies.

Cons

Lots of late nights and weekends lost after the deadlines.

Edmunds is a great company. Keep up with inovations.

88 Other Employee Reviews for Edmunds.com (View Most Recent)

Edmunds is a great place to work. They care about their employees.

Current Employee - Director of Product Management  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Product Management in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com

Pros

I've been at Edmunds.com for nearly seven years. The company has doubled in size and revenue since I started. There have been some growing pains, but one thing that has never wavered is the company's commitment to employee satisfaction and work/life balance. The benefits are top notch and senior management is accessible and responsive. My career has flourished at Edmunds and I am grateful for the opportunities the company has given me to continue my education and develop my skills. The talent pool here is amazing.

Cons

Santa Monica is a beautiful location, but unless you live on the Westside, you are going to face a terrible commute.

I think a more transparent salary structure would help to boost morale. Additionally, company-wide announcements about job changes and promotions would help us keep up with other departments better.

Edmunds.com is the best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com

Pros

1. Incredible respect for the employees. I've never seen an HR team work harder to take care of the people who work here. Amazing vacation policy, great work-life balance, fantastic benefits, super family-friendly environment, ongoing training, what else can I say? And an HR department who are approachable, earnest and here to support us.
    2. Innovative culture. Have a new idea? It's welcome here, and if it's a good idea 20 people will offer to help you make it happen. From Product ideas to Process methodologies to new ways of getting feedback to employees, the management encourages and supports innovation from the troops (not just from the top).
    3. Incredibly high work standards. Some people on here clearly see this as a negative, and Edmunds is demanding. But it also means that we create products you can be proud of, and that under-performers are pushed out of the company (to the relief of the rest of us).
    4. Family-friendly company. This is a company where you can have a passionate, exciting career and have time & energy for your family as well. No one frowns at you for taking a family vacation, making time to attend a child's play, or heading out early for a date with your spouse.
    5. Passionate, smart & compassionate management team. The C-level execs who head up Edmunds are the best I've ever worked with (and no, I'm not one of them). They're smart, well educated and will challenge you to do your best. They are focused on creating the best possible experience for our customers, even at the expense of the dealers/OEMs who pay our advertising. And they are deeply concerned about the satisfaction and advancement of their employees.

Cons

Some major changes have taken place in the last 6 months, which have made this a much much better place to work. In the past we had these problems:
    1. Bitter, disenfranchised employees who think they're entitled to promotions simply because of how many years they've been here. Thankfully many of these have left, although we still have a few hanging around. I hope we can get the rest of them out before they can do harm to the happy people. Many of them seem to be posting reviews here, unfortunately.
    2. A long release process. Again, this has changed and we've gone from a multi-month (or even year) release cycle to a quick & efficient <monthly iteration.
    3. A cumbersome, slow infrastructure that prevented real innovation. Again, happily, we've fixed this problem which is allowing us to move quickly and actually see our ideas go live in a matter of weeks.

I love the new Design Thinking approach! Keep empowering us and giving us a chance to come up with the new ideas & direction for the company - whether product ideas, HR policies, or cultural changes.

There are newer employer reviews for Edmunds.com

Worked for Edmunds.com? Contribute to the Community!