Education Development Center, Inc.

www.edc.org

Great collegial community. I left because upper management decided to move into building with Raytheon toxic waste.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Newton, MA

ProsFelt like I was working with family and friends and my work was meaningful. People are very flexible with schedules especially for working Mothers. If you make the effort to reach out there are opportunities to interact with other centers through affinity groups. Depending on the project you work on you have many opportunities to stretch yourself and grow.

ConsUpper management doesn't take employees into consideration when taking major decisions. Because its a non-profit the management does not get any support or training on how to supervise junior staff so this leads to many problems. Hard to increase salary once you are hired since project budgets are tight, so unless you have a doctoral degree and you are a PI you won't be able to earn as much. Unfortunately most of this work depends on winning federally funded projects which can be unreliable since funding can be decreased unexpectedly or end, thus making job security difficult. If you are a low paid research assistant your job is more secure but expect to work really hard. If you are paid more and you are in a middle position your job is very insecure since you will be the first to go when budgets get tight.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to get more training on how to supervise and support junior staff. Need to be more transparent with decision making especially when it involves the health of employees (e.g. move to building with toxic waste). Need to hire more diverse staff.

A well-worthy experience

Training and Technical (Current Employee) Newton, MA

I have been working at Education Development Center, Inc.

Pros: Best reasons to work at EDC are: professional development, great… Cons: One of the downside is location Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Generally well-managed international education organization

Management Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Education Development Center, Inc. as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: I worked for EDC on several short-term international assignments in the past year. Unlike other organizations, it… Cons: My experiences on assignments varied a great deal depending on the individual headquarters supervisors for the projects on which I worked. Headquarters… Advice to Senior Management: Field office staff often feel out of the loop and isolated. It would be good… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Education Development Center, Inc..

Worked for Education Development Center, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!