Education Elements

www.edelements.com
  www.edelements.com
There are newer employer reviews for Education Elements

Oversold on a product vision that has yet to be realized

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Education Elements full-time

Pros

I was lucky to work with many friendly coworkers in an environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute. Like many startups, all employees have the opportunity to try out different roles and "wear multiple hats."

Cons

I was not challenged by Education Elements. My skills flattened or regressed during my time here.

There is no sense of management urgency regarding planning or scheduling product improvements. There are frequent, chaotic fire-drills after the product has broken down. This results in 60-90 hour weeks becoming usual as all teams are running triage to catch up.

Good product idea, but poor execution. If management focused on fixing the current product before building new features the company would see more growth. There are no people with education or SaaS experience on the board, executive staff, or director level positions. Hiring people with these backgrounds is critical for a SaaS product in the education space.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Education Elements (View Most Recent)

Fun company to work in

Current Employee - D&I in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - D&I in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Education Elements full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Good paid
    - Fun place to work in
    - People smile a lot

Cons

- Still need to grow more
    - Need to do better on deciding the trend of the product and also the market

A smiley, friendly workplace with plans to make blending learning available for every child.

Former Employee - QA Data Analyst in San Carlos, CA
    Former Employee - QA Data Analyst in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Education Elements as a contractor

Pros

The people are fantastic - many of them ex-teachers with patience, grace, and a burning desire to improve American education offerings. Lots of women in senior positions who offer support and mentoring like I've never seen before.

Cons

As a start-up they are still working out some processes, but are growing rapidly, so that is to be expected.

Keep on smiling and hiring smart, happy people.

There are newer employer reviews for Education Elements