There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

I Enjoy Working at EDMC

Current Employee - Academic Counselor  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Academic Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Education Management Corporation

Pros

Great company to work for!! The Academic Counseling management and teams are phenomenal. I like that there are opportunities for advancement. Whenever an internal position is available it is announced and EDMC does a great job in training their employees on changes whenever changes happen.

Cons

Admission Representatives have salaries that are way higher than Academic Counselors; however Academic Counselors are required to have a Bachelors degree and assume more responsibility. I believe that an emphasis on the importance of an Academic Counselor is undervalued. However the position is less stressful and a lower salary for reduced stress I can agree with. Great Academic Team and management offset the cons.

296 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

A reactive organization, made up of former University of Phoenix executives, that can not think ahead of the curve.

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros

The pay was considerably higher than most education organizations

Cons

Archaic technology and poor leadrship

Find a way to make the cross functional team matrices work together, instead of against each other so grad teams are really working to a common goal.

A horrible, evil company with terrible management

Former Employee - Data Entry  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros

Good location, always hiring, sometimes can be a friendly work environment, pay is relatively decent in this economy, young people working there

Cons

Too many to list, just look up for-profit education and learn that you will be selling $20 - $30k pieces of useless paper to poor people

Don't treat your lower level employees like junk, I've never seen a place with such rude upper management, the dress code is ridiculously strict for no reason, it's an ONLINE university

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!