Good place to be an instructor

Former Employee - Instructor  in  San Bernardino, CA
Former Employee - Instructor in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros

I felt like I genuinely impacted the lives of my students. I had the freedom to introduce new material so that my classes were always up to date with the industry. Position is very autonomous, and other than class time and a few meetings you are free to craft your own schedule as you see fit.

Cons

Upper management in EDMC was constantly pursuing various forms of accreditation, sometimes at the expense of the students (creating unrealistic barriers, such as advanced degrees for all instructors, in what is effectively a trade school). Student recruiting practices are occasionally ethically bankrupt.

Put students first in all decisions!

Other Reviews for Education Management Corporation

Admissions Representative

Former Employee - Admissions Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Education Management Corporation for less than a year

Pros

Pay is good but it could be better. They have really good trainers, Vinh Tu is one of them. They layed off allot of employees so I am not sure if he is still there. They have different vendors come into the lunch room and they provide different foods different days of the week.

Cons

Horrible horrible upper management. They do not listen to their employees nor their managers whom they depend on to run their teams. Every manager is stressed and is on written warnings because their teams cannot hit the sales goals that the upper management provides. The environment is not employee friendly, I studied leadership at ASU and the upper management did not portray any qualities that a leader should obtain.

Listen to your managers on the floor and allow them to run their team the way they feel is appropriate. Do not micro manage and stop worrying about the bottom dollar, there is one take away from ASU that taught me to worry about your employees and their happiness and the money / bottom dollar will eventually increase.

I Enjoy Working at EDMC

Current Employee - Academic Counselor  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Academic Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Education Management Corporation

Pros

Great company to work for!! The Academic Counseling management and teams are phenomenal. I like that there are opportunities for advancement. Whenever an internal position is available it is announced and EDMC does a great job in training their employees on changes whenever changes happen.

Cons

Admission Representatives have salaries that are way higher than Academic Counselors; however Academic Counselors are required to have a Bachelors degree and assume more responsibility. I believe that an emphasis on the importance of an Academic Counselor is undervalued. However the position is less stressful and a lower salary for reduced stress I can agree with. Great Academic Team and management offset the cons.

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation.

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!