Education Management Corporation
www.edmc.edu Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Good place to be an instructor

Instructor (Former Employee)
San Bernardino, CA

ProsI felt like I genuinely impacted the lives of my students. I had the freedom to introduce new material so that my classes were always up to date with the industry. Position is very autonomous, and other than class time and a few meetings you are free to craft your own schedule as you see fit.

ConsUpper management in EDMC was constantly pursuing various forms of accreditation, sometimes at the expense of the students (creating unrealistic barriers, such as advanced degrees for all instructors, in what is effectively a trade school). Student recruiting practices are occasionally ethically bankrupt.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut students first in all decisions!

I Enjoy Working at EDMC

Academic Counselor (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Education Management Corporation

Pros: Great company to work for!! The Academic Counseling management and teams are phenomenal. I like that there are opportunities for advancement. Whenever… Cons: Admission Representatives have salaries that are way higher than Academic Counselors; however Academic Counselors are required to have a Bachelors degree and assume more responsibility.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A reactive organization, made up of former University of Phoenix executives, that can not think ahead of the curve.

Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros: The pay was considerably higher than most education organizations Cons: Archaic technology and poor leadrship Advice to Senior Management: Find a way to make the cross functional team matrices work together, instead… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Education Management Corporation.

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Education Management Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Education Management Corporation CEO Edward H. West. All reviews posted anonymously by Education Management Corporation employees.