Education Management Corporation

www.edmc.edu
  www.edmc.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Good place to be an instructor

Former Employee - Instructor in San Bernardino, CA
Former Employee - Instructor in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros

I felt like I genuinely impacted the lives of my students. I had the freedom to introduce new material so that my classes were always up to date with the industry. Position is very autonomous, and other than class time and a few meetings you are free to craft your own schedule as you see fit.

Cons

Upper management in EDMC was constantly pursuing various forms of accreditation, sometimes at the expense of the students (creating unrealistic barriers, such as advanced degrees for all instructors, in what is effectively a trade school). Student recruiting practices are occasionally ethically bankrupt.

Put students first in all decisions!

333 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

Great job, lean focus

Former Employee - Career Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Career Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros

Amazing people, great education, faculty who care

Cons

Current DOE issues are prohibiting growth

N/A

Admissions Representative

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Education Management Corporation (less than an year)

Pros

Pay is good but it could be better. They have really good trainers, Vinh Tu is one of them. They layed off allot of employees so I am not sure if he is still there. They have different vendors come into the lunch room and they provide different foods different days of the week.

Cons

Horrible horrible upper management. They do not listen to their employees nor their managers whom they depend on to run their teams. Every manager is stressed and is on written warnings because their teams cannot hit the sales goals that the upper management provides. The environment is not employee friendly, I studied leadership at ASU and the upper management did not portray any qualities that a leader should obtain.

Listen to your managers on the floor and allow them to run their team the way they feel is appropriate. Do not micro manage and stop worrying about the bottom dollar, there is one take away from ASU that taught me to worry about your employees and their happiness and the money / bottom dollar will eventually increase.

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation