Education Management Corporation

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Admissions Representative

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Education Management Corporation (less than an year)

Pros

Pay is good but it could be better. They have really good trainers, Vinh Tu is one of them. They layed off allot of employees so I am not sure if he is still there. They have different vendors come into the lunch room and they provide different foods different days of the week.

Cons

Horrible horrible upper management. They do not listen to their employees nor their managers whom they depend on to run their teams. Every manager is stressed and is on written warnings because their teams cannot hit the sales goals that the upper management provides. The environment is not employee friendly, I studied leadership at ASU and the upper management did not portray any qualities that a leader should obtain.

Listen to your managers on the floor and allow them to run their team the way they feel is appropriate. Do not micro manage and stop worrying about the bottom dollar, there is one take away from ASU that taught me to worry about your employees and their happiness and the money / bottom dollar will eventually increase.

329 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

I Enjoy Working at EDMC

Current Employee - Academic Counselor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Academic Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Education Management Corporation

Pros

Great company to work for!! The Academic Counseling management and teams are phenomenal. I like that there are opportunities for advancement. Whenever an internal position is available it is announced and EDMC does a great job in training their employees on changes whenever changes happen.

Cons

Admission Representatives have salaries that are way higher than Academic Counselors; however Academic Counselors are required to have a Bachelors degree and assume more responsibility. I believe that an emphasis on the importance of an Academic Counselor is undervalued. However the position is less stressful and a lower salary for reduced stress I can agree with. Great Academic Team and management offset the cons.

A reactive organization, made up of former University of Phoenix executives, that can not think ahead of the curve.

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros

The pay was considerably higher than most education organizations

Cons

Archaic technology and poor leadrship

Find a way to make the cross functional team matrices work together, instead of against each other so grad teams are really working to a common goal.

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation