Education Management Corporation
www.edmc.edu Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

The right idea, the wrong company

Admissions Representative (Current Employee)
Chandler, AZ

Prospaid education, opportunities to move within their brands (Argosy University, Art Institute, Brown Mackie College, South University, etc.).

Consinexperienced management teams, poor communication at all levels of service, schedule changes without notice to accommodate upper management, without regard to those being told to change. recent and continuing lay-offs, major law-suits against the company in public eye, fast overturn rate at employee level (admissions, academic, and finance departments).

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile the idea of working for your company is enticing, there are many things that need to be considered as changes, starting with looking at the culture created by upper management, at the director level and higher, and evaluating where the problems the company is experiencing are coming from. Instead of laying off huge numbers of workers, only to have to hire and re-train new employees, look into the root of the problem.

Don't be fooled by smiling faces

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Pay is competitive and initial impressions are very good Cons: It will not take you long to find out that the culture which is cultivated by senior management is one of decit and mistrust. You… Advice to Senior Management: Look at the cons section and then look in the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Admissions Representative

Admissions Representative (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Education Management Corporation for less than a year

Pros: Pay is good but it could be better. They have really good trainers, Vinh Tu is one of them. They layed off allot of employees… Cons: Horrible horrible upper management. They do not listen to their employees nor their managers whom they depend on to run their teams. Every manager is… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your managers on the floor and allow them to run their team the way they feel is appropriate. Do not micro manage and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Education Management Corporation.

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Education Management Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Education Management Corporation CEO Edward H. West. All reviews posted anonymously by Education Management Corporation employees.