Education Management Corporation
www.edmc.edu Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

It was nice working at the school while taking classes.

Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee)
Decatur, GA

ProsI worked at the school I was attending so I got to work out a flexible schedule. It was a really easy student job so no pressure.

ConsSometimes I felt like I was being taken advantage of because of how hard I worked. I would often find myself being relied on to do things that did not seem appropriate for a student worker to be doing or have the responsibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds a better training protocol. I was trained by a receptionist who eventually left and then I had to train someone to take over my job. Unfortunately I was the only one who knew about any of my responsibilities.

The right idea, the wrong company

Admissions Representative (Current Employee)
    Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros: paid education, opportunities to move within their brands (Argosy University,… Cons: inexperienced management teams, poor communication at all levels of service, schedule changes without notice to accommodate upper management, without regard to those being told… Advice to Senior Management: While the idea of working for your company is enticing, there are many things that need to be considered as changes, starting with looking at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Don't be fooled by smiling faces

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Pay is competitive and initial impressions are very good Cons: It will not take you long to find out that the culture which is cultivated by senior management is one of decit and mistrust. You… Advice to Senior Management: Look at the cons section and then look in the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Education Management Corporation.

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Education Management Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Education Management Corporation CEO Edward H. West. All reviews posted anonymously by Education Management Corporation employees.