Education Management Corporation
www.edmc.edu Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

NO ROOM FOR GROWTH

High School Representative (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsThe idea and concept of the schools started out fantastic but got lost when they sold out to Gold Man and Sac's. The Instructors really do care about their students and want them to exceed in all that they do. However the quality of staff has truely gone down hill.

ConsIt's impossible to move up they just keep blaming it on the goverment saying that salary increases are no longer allowed even if you change job titles and requirements completely. Your pay stays the same so demand high right off the bat!!!! Almost feels like you are waving candy infront of a little kid sure it looks and sounds amazing but nothing as it's promised.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a step back and look at the years where things were going well for the company. It's time to focus on the QUALITY of education again and not the warm bodies that can fill a classroom. We need quality teachers to teach quality students.

Bad, gone worse

Academic Counselor (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Decent time off, 401k, decent health benefits Cons: Constantly feel unethical, hassel to take off time, very… Advice to Senior Management: Learn the job of the employee you are supervising No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sinking Ship

ADA (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

Pros: Compensation and benefits and the people you work with. Cons: Continual layoffs and upper management. Advice to Senior Management: Completely change your approach to how you do business. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Education Management Corporation.

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Education Management Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Education Management Corporation CEO Edward H. West. All reviews posted anonymously by Education Management Corporation employees.