There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

EDMC

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time

Pros

Faculty have flexibility to set up their classes as they wish. They're not tied to teaching a standard program prescribed for every single campus as is the case at some other for-profit institutions.

Cons

Very low quality of students recruited. Faculty are expected to teach a greater load at this company than at any other institutions in the area.

301 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

Fearful Work Environment

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Full time benefits, educated co-workers, flexible schedule for faculty

Cons

Recruitment practices that accept un prepared students. Constant changes in policies and procedures that become confusing. Low office morale steeped by lay-offs and lack of transparency. Lack of leadership. Industry instability with gainful employment. Centralization practices that thwart decision making at the local level. Emphasis on profit not education.

Hire competent leaders not "yes" men and women. Place accountability on leaders in the organization. Place accountability on ethical practices within the company. Be more interested in education than profit. Actions speak louder than words.

Every Day Means Change

Current Employee - Admissions Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The money, because I got in before they got rid of the matrix. What they pay now is not worth it unless you are DESPERATE!

Cons

Where to begin? The management team has 2 plans for success, potlucks or layoffs. I have been here 4 years and have seen about an equal number of both. Not surprisingly, neither are effective against a imploding for-profit education market. Goals are unrealistic and unattainable ( I say this having hit the goals before through little more than sheer luck and circumstance) the punishments far out weigh the rewards. Did I mention they cut rasies for 2 years and the stock is below 4$ as of this posting? Not exatly what i had imagined during my 4 years of business school.

Find a cliff....then jump off it.

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!