Every Day Means Change

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The money, because I got in before they got rid of the matrix. What they pay now is not worth it unless you are DESPERATE!

Cons

Where to begin? The management team has 2 plans for success, potlucks or layoffs. I have been here 4 years and have seen about an equal number of both. Not surprisingly, neither are effective against a imploding for-profit education market. Goals are unrealistic and unattainable ( I say this having hit the goals before through little more than sheer luck and circumstance) the punishments far out weigh the rewards. Did I mention they cut rasies for 2 years and the stock is below 4$ as of this posting? Not exatly what i had imagined during my 4 years of business school.

Advice to Management

Find a cliff....then jump off it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I feel consistently micromanaged and incapable of exercising my intellectual and creative freedom.

Current Employee - Education in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Education in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Health benefits and education benefits.

Cons

Corporate culture is disappointing, politics impedes progress or recourse against management who are paranoid of their own job security

Advice to Management

You hire some of the best talent out there, allow them the intellectual and creative freedom to do their job without being micromanaged or without being put in their place by managers who seem paranoid of protecting their own position...

2. EDMC is investing in technology

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collegiate type atmosphere. Team oriented. Beautiful facility in Chandler, AZ. Pay is average. Benefits are good, better than many. Very generous with paid holidays and time off. They are funding many,many projects to better their technology and enhance client experience.

Cons

Chaotic environment. Executive management seems distant and disconnected with reality.