Education Management Corporation

www.edmc.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Admissions Representative

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time

Pros

Helping people (students) change their lives

Cons

Lack of competent uppper management- no room for growth- only way that you can be promoted is by whose butt you can kiss the most or favortism...

manger vs leader big difference

336 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

Academic Advisor

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros

Nice office with good parking at Chandler location. The people were nice and the building was nice and cool. Mind numbing job.

Cons

Horrible management and unethical business practices. Management is always on your tail about getting more students. Micro-managing. No freedom. Stay away.

The worst job I will ever have had

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Brookline, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Brookline, MA

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow ADA's, although they are all unhappy and currently looking for other jobs all day, are great-and understand how horrible it is to work here.

Cons

I feel it's my duty to let everyone know, before getting into what I did, what this company is really about.

Besides being in the middle of a HUGE lawsuit regarding unfair admissions practices, it is your job to get "starts" aka students in the door, most of which barely have a GED or any school potential, for money. Fell good about that? Neither did I.

The "interview" you give the students is 2 hours minimum full of BS. They have you "information gather" for a minimum of 30 minutes; a tactic which calls for you listening to the students dreams, all to display back to them how the school can fufill them-even if they can't. I have never felt more unethical in a job in my life.

For those who say there are no micromanaging and a lax environment-you must have quit a long time ago. We had a meeting 2 weeks ago saying that there is no more cell phone/internet use in the office-all while we're making 100+ calls a day to students who do not want to hear from us.

If that's not bad enough, you have zero work-life balance. They have you working virtually every Saturday, in which you will work an event from 8-2 then they will stick you on the phones until 5pm. We also had to work 4th of July to make calls to noone.

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation