Education Management Corporation

www.edmc.edu

Lack of concern for students

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsWhile I was there, the company was trying to throw off the yolk of Goldman Sachs and buy back their stock. They also were trying to shift the culture to one centered around the success of students rather than the pumping as many students through class as possible. I'm not sure if they've been successful at making the shift.

-easy to advance, if you are a man
-young culture

ConsConvincing students who have low academic skill to take on thousands of dollars in debt for an online course is difficult and at time morally questionable.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better way to keep students in school. Students are taking too big of a financial risk to not finish their education and they need outside support to be able to do it. This will also increase your bottom line as each student spends more on more classes.

Easy filing yet very dull work experience.

Student Worker (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Education Management Corporation part-time for more than a year

Pros: Worked around my school schedule. Cons: Only minimum wage and lots of little responsibilities to keep… More

Anything but this, anywhere but here... worst job ive ever had

Admissions Representative (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros: Young people fun people that do the "grunt work"...pretty much everyone hates… Cons: Absolutely everything! Type EDMC in google you will see the most popular searches, are lawsuits, scams etc. Its really as bad as… Advice to Senior Management: The company is on the verge of failure. The system that made online education is being regulated and soon… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Education Management Corporation.

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!