There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

OK to work there

Former Employee - Technical Support Tier II  in  Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Technical Support Tier II in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Education Management Corporation for more than a year

Pros

Clean work place, friendly co-worker

Cons

A lot pressure from management and constant lay off.

Be more flexible with your staff, and avoid office policitics

296 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

The worst company I've ever worked for period.

Former Employee - Amissions Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Amissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Used to be you could make a decent living working for EDMC but once they went to static salaries/hourly the company became completely worthless to work there.

Cons

Horrible management that demeans and belittles employees all while asking for teamwork that is not rewarded. Management has no competence, no direction, layoffs happening all the time and treat their employees in a disgusting manner.

After working there for many many years I wouldn't even know where to start to help them rectify their business. My best advice, burn the whole business down and leave it as a charred ember of what not to do as a business.

Don't even bother

Former Employee - Admissions Representative  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Salary
    2. Great co-workers
    3. Clean atmosphere
    4. Location (Downtown Pittsburgh)

Cons

This is a very stressful sales job. I worked at EDMC from May 2011-April 2013. I took this job straight out of college, and that is just what it was a job. This is not a career. The fact that I see this company has not changed one bit, since I resigned lets me know that it never will. I feel sorry for the employees who really depend on their salary and the ones who have a family to support. If you actually NEED this job you will put up with anything and try your hardest to meet the quota, so you won't get fired. I hated it so bad, I took a slight pay cut at a non-profit University, and have been extremely well off ever since!

It is not a university, but a corporation you are working for. Completely different, if you work in higher education at a non-profit university, or even private university, you don't incur the amount of stress levels that you will at EDMC. As far as workload, you will make about 250-300 calls a day and are expected to get students to apply on the first phone call. Some of the students I spoke with didn't even know how to use Microsoft office, yet I was told to enroll them, which will weigh on your conscience if you have even a bit of a heart.

The whole company needs to be shut down.

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!