Education Management Corporation

www.edmc.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Be sure to understand for-profit education

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working with prospective students and families and helping them to achieve school/career goals was very rewarding. The admissions team was a dynamic mixture of people that I will likely never find anywhere else. I worked specifically for the art institutes and loved the degree programs and felt good about the education that was being offered to the students I was enrolling.

Cons

application and student enrollment goals put a lot of pressure of supervisors and president. I sometimes felt that it was all about numbers and not really about the students. the tuition is ridiculously high and in most cases students will leave school with mounds of debt. career statics are disclosed but in my opinion the averages were too low. although many students got jobs after graduation, the average salary was about $26 while program tuition was above $86. the company also hires third party vendors to give contact information for ADAs to call. These "inquires" are often not really interested in the school they were merly applying for jobs and their information was forwarded to the school. these kinds of inquires can be difficult to deal with and can be discouraging.

focus on longterm goals not just making the next months start goal. keep the quality of education the top priority and the applications will come.

346 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

Stay away

Former Employee - Senior Director of Admissions
    Former Employee - Senior Director of Admissions

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

salary. really beyond that there was nothing that was good about the company. they did not care about the little guy, only the big dollar.

Cons

everything else. Upper management did not know what they wanted to do and put extreme amount of pressure on everyone

A company with lots of heart and lots of room for growth.

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Student success. Great faculty with amazing experience to share. Surrounded by art.

Cons

Difficult and competitive administration operatives. Little transparency. Leadership still in forming stages. It is definitely not right for everyone

Keep the student's success in mind and let's have a little fun once in a while!

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation