There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Not bad if you are in the right department

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, good starting salary

Cons

Constant layoffs, big brother atmostphere

n/a

301 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

Be sure to understand for-profit education

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with prospective students and families and helping them to achieve school/career goals was very rewarding. The admissions team was a dynamic mixture of people that I will likely never find anywhere else. I worked specifically for the art institutes and loved the degree programs and felt good about the education that was being offered to the students I was enrolling.

Cons

application and student enrollment goals put a lot of pressure of supervisors and president. I sometimes felt that it was all about numbers and not really about the students. the tuition is ridiculously high and in most cases students will leave school with mounds of debt. career statics are disclosed but in my opinion the averages were too low. although many students got jobs after graduation, the average salary was about $26 while program tuition was above $86. the company also hires third party vendors to give contact information for ADAs to call. These "inquires" are often not really interested in the school they were merly applying for jobs and their information was forwarded to the school. these kinds of inquires can be difficult to deal with and can be discouraging.

focus on longterm goals not just making the next months start goal. keep the quality of education the top priority and the applications will come.

Director of Admissions

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time

Pros

National company, good pay, building was nice

Cons

Management sucks, profits over people,

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!